DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to get Black & Decker Parts (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/196812-where-get-black-decker-parts.html)

ron_p@hot'o'mail.com April 2nd 07 06:50 AM

Where to get Black & Decker Parts

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. The motor itself still
works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is shot.
This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. Just because the
main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them. Anyone
know of another distributor for B&D parts. I'm sure someone has one
on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of their
newer grinders would fit. It's just a simple ball bearing, but
finding the right size is the problem.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Ron

DanG April 2nd 07 12:27 PM

Where to get Black & Decker Parts

If it is a "normal" ball bearing, get the numbers off the bearing.
Contact a local bearing supply house for availability. Many
bearings are $5 from a bearing house and the same bearing might be
$40 from OEM.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

[email protected] April 2nd 07 12:42 PM

wrote in message

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. *The motor itself
still
works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is
shot.
This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. *Just
because the
main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them.
Anyone
know of another distributor for B&D parts. *I'm sure someone has
one
on a shelf, in fact I dont doubt that the bearing from one of
their
newer grinders would fit. *It's just a simple ball bearing, but
finding the right size is the problem.

Anyone?????

Thanks

Ron- Hide quoted text -

probably a sleeve bearing like oilite brassy color. either way remove
take to local bearing supplier.

fridy i picked up 4 bearings for 26 bucks total. manufacturer wanted
280 bucks:( For the exact same bearings!

mm April 2nd 07 04:59 PM

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 00:50:44 -0500, wrote:

Does anyone know where to buy Black & Decker parts outside of
blackanddecker.com.

I have one of their well built older grinders. The motor itself still
works fine but the bearing right below the grinder wheel is shot.
This is an easy fix, but B&D no longer carrys parts. Just because the
main offices dont carry the parts dont mean no one has them. Anyone

Maybe just call a local b7d store that does repairs. One would think
the central computer knows about all the parts in other stores, but
the parts or repair guy there can give you an idea if that is true or
not. Maybe they were never told to return parts or didn't do so.
Maybe ask for the oldest parts place in the area.

Or an old one anywhere. The oldest B&D store in Baltimore has closed
and one of the others moved 5 years ago, so I don't know an old
location around here.

Stormin Mormon April 2nd 07 08:30 PM

Where to get Black & Decker Parts

Call a machine shop. Or a machine repair shop. That's the kind of
thing machine shops tend to have. Or can get. Failing that, maybe
they can machine something to shape.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.