Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How long after plaster to paint?

Hey all,
Got the plaster guy showing up tommorow. Blue board/skim coat. He says
4days til prime. Sound reasonable?
Thanks,
-Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian V" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all,
Got the plaster guy showing up tommorow. Blue board/skim coat. He says
4days til prime. Sound reasonable?

No. Depends on the primer and the local environment. Is this an April 1
post?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Brian V" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all,
Got the plaster guy showing up tommorow. Blue board/skim coat. He says
4days til prime. Sound reasonable?

No. Depends on the primer and the local environment. Is this an April 1
post?

Not April fools at all. Why would the type of primer matter? Does the 4 days
seem to short/long? Local enviro is Mass. When I did my second floor I
waited almost 30days, simply because there were a lot of other things going
on. This is my first floor bath, anxious to get it back to working order.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brian V wrote:

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

"Brian V" wrote in message
m...

Hey all,
Got the plaster guy showing up tommorow. Blue board/skim coat. He says
4days til prime. Sound reasonable?

No. Depends on the primer and the local environment. Is this an April 1
post?

Not April fools at all. Why would the type of primer matter? Does the 4 days
seem to short/long? Local enviro is Mass. When I did my second floor I
waited almost 30days, simply because there were a lot of other things going
on. This is my first floor bath, anxious to get it back to working order.

I think some primers or paints might recommend 30 days .. I am sure I
have seen that advice on labels.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Not April fools at all. Why would the type of primer matter? Does the 4
days seem to short/long? Local enviro is Mass. When I did my second floor
I waited almost 30days, simply because there were a lot of other things
going on. This is my first floor bath, anxious to get it back to working
order.

Sorry Brian ... I am jaded.

The type of primer matters because there are two basic bases: oil and
water/latex.

Get yourself to a good paint store and get their recommendations.

Water based (latex) primer could be OK at this point in time.

There is some really bad information offered forth on this group, by the
way.

Go to a good paint store!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Schuler wrote in message ...

There is some really bad information offered forth on this group, by

the
way.

And some really excellent information as well.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian V" wrote in message
. ..

Not April fools at all. Why would the type of primer matter? Does the 4
days seem to short/long? Local enviro is Mass. When I did my second floor
I waited almost 30days, simply because there were a lot of other things
going on. This is my first floor bath, anxious to get it back to working
order.

Latex can be applied sooner than oil based.

IMO a week after with latex, 30 days for oil based. 4 dry ventilated days
might be good for latex.

Better yet is to trust your contractor or a local FULL service paint store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ask the plaster contractor.

some years ago a friend had a home built, he waited 6 months.

it doesnt have to be painted to use the bathroom