Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,sci.chem,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default My hands get wet using my rubber gloves

Serious now, please.

I go and get some high-priced super chemical-resistent rubber gloves for
doing the washing up. A few seconds after starting I cut a small hole
in the gloves. What an **** idiot!

Ok, get a dishwasher. Wash sharp knives separately. I know, I know.
But nothing seems to stop them getting holed.

Happens every few days. Am getting sick of this so no I'm going to
patch the nearly-new glove with a hole.

But that's where it gets hard. If I use a self-adhesive repair patch
for a bicycle inner tube (inside and maybe outside too (if the "hole" is
actually more like a small cut) then the hot water.

What sort of adhesive would make a good repair of the glove? Some
adhesives make the the rubber deform (it takes a few days). Would a
contact adhesive resist the heat of the water better? I like the water
hot.

Can anyone help. Am sure there could be lots of crazy replies and
that's ok,. but I also want to fix this!

My hands get wet using my rubber gloves Linda UK diy 25 April 2nd 07 09:28 PM
Gloves Steve Lowe UK diy 2 December 14th 06 07:20 PM
Opinions on DeWalt DW861W 4-1/2" Wet Saw .vs. Wet Table Saw [email protected] Home Repair 3 April 26th 06 04:54 AM
Gloves The Medway Handyman UK diy 19 March 20th 06 11:00 PM