Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Bosch dishwasher...very loud.

We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

It cleans amazingly well, so no complaints there.

It's very loud...much louder than our cheap Kitchenaid.
I figured it was defective, so I called the dealer. The tech said the
noise level is normal, and that it sounds like the Bosch he himself
has at home.

Our friends have the top-of-the-line Bosch. "So quiet, it has to have
a little light that shines on the floor so you know it's on."

Joke. Hers is just as loud as mine. She called, got the same tech
and the same answer.

I have spoken to many Bosch owners, online and in person, who tell me
that theirs is so quiet they have to put their hand on it to know it's
running.

In fact, our friends have the bottom model, with noise specs something
like 56db, and they say they can't hear it running.

Ours is supposed to be 44 db.

So what's going on here? Should I pursue this?
There's a gap around the unit...should this have been filled by the
installers?

I plan to call Bosch on Monday. No surprise that they haven't
answered email...they are supposed to be legendary in their poor
customer service.

BTW...I'm in the next room over as I type this, and the dishwasher is
running. Sounds like a washing machine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 10:31 am, Mitch Mitch@... wrote:
[...]

When we moved into our place in 2003, it had a Bosch SHU3307. Not top
of the line at all, and it's very quiet. I have always heard that
they are known for being quiet, so not sure what your deal is. Not
sure how helpful this is, but at least you know mine cleans great and
is quiet.

Send it back

Later, Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
news
[...]

If you return it look into an LG LDS5811. Our kitchen opens into our living
room and the thing barely makes a peep. It also only cost $699.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch, 3/24/2007,1:31:36 PM, wrote:

We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

For that much money I would expect a dishwasher to wash wash my clothes
as well. I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II that we got from Lowe's
for $450 that is very quiet and has a huge tub without a center post
that can fit nearly anything to be cleaned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote
We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

It cleans amazingly well, so no complaints there.

In fact, our friends have the bottom model, with noise specs something
like 56db, and they say they can't hear it running.

Ours is supposed to be 44 db.

So what's going on here? Should I pursue this?

==
Yes. It was probably installed incorrectly. Does it have the bottom front
kickplate
installed properly--If that is installed backwards (and it happens), the
unit will be noisier. Why is there a gap around the cabinet?
It should have a plastic filler type strip along the sides. Who installed
it?
My Bosch is about 5 years old and was top of the line then. Its sound rating
is 46db and it is barely audible. It is slightly louder
now than when new--we can hear the water filling/draining, but otherwise
can't be heard
without an ear to the door. You need to take this up with the installer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Not familiar with Bosh, but I would guess that there should be some sound
deadening insulation around the machine. Is it possible your installer
thought that it was factory wrapping and took it off?
MLD

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

my bosch is absolutely silent. insist on another tech. my bosch has
lots of insulation covered by a cheap metal cabinet, that slides into
the dishwasher slot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:05:27 GMT, "Gini" wrote:

Why is there a gap around the cabinet?

I don't know...what kind of seal does yours have?

I'm sick about this.
The dealer only has one tech, so I'm going to call Bosch and see if
they can send someone else out.

I think it's fishy that I only know of one other person who says their
Bosch is loud, and it was installed by the same guy!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Download and read the installation instructions if the installer did not
leave them with you. There is obviously a problem. Call your credit card
company and tell them to hold the charge if you paid that way because the
unit is defective.

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:05:27 GMT, "Gini" wrote:

Why is there a gap around the cabinet?

I don't know...what kind of seal does yours have?

I'm sick about this.
The dealer only has one tech, so I'm going to call Bosch and see if
they can send someone else out.

I think it's fishy that I only know of one other person who says their
Bosch is loud, and it was installed by the same guy!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

Why is there a gap around the cabinet?

I don't know...what kind of seal does yours have?

==
It has a strip of thick plastic/vinyl/rubber down each side. The strip
is slightly flexible and completely seals the sides between dishwasher and
cabinets.
My DW is white so my strip is white. Also, check your kickplate and be sure
the
foam insulation is behind it. I've heard from others that the kickplate is
often installed
backwards and if it is, you can see the foam insulation through the screw
holes. This was
brought up years ago on usenet so you might be able to find more info via
Google.
(More Below)
==

I'm sick about this.
The dealer only has one tech, so I'm going to call Bosch and see if
they can send someone else out.

I think it's fishy that I only know of one other person who says their
Bosch is loud, and it was installed by the same guy!

==
Did you tell the dealer that? I am sure your unit is installed incorrectly
and
would badger the dealer until it is resolved. Tell them if they can't fix
it,
then they should pay someone else to fix it. I bought mine from Sears and
they should know how to intsall them properly since they presumably sell
a lot of them. In the meantime, try blocking the sides yourself with
something
temporary to see if that reduces the noise. If it doesn't, there may be a
problem
with the insulation wrap around the unit--like, hopefully there is one ;-).
HTH.
==
==

Posted to alt.home.repair

Download and read the installation instructions if the installer did not
leave them with you. There is obviously a problem.

I called Bosch, and they're sending out a tech from a different
dealer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote
Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?

==
Yep. Is there any way to tell if the insulation wrap is around the unit as
well?
Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Yep. But the installer already came out and said the noise was
"normal," so Bosch is sending out someone from a different
dealer...hopefully more competent.

I can't wait to see what he says when he takes the kickplate off.
Especially since the foam is right there in the manual...they show it
being placed behind the kickplate before it's screwed on.

Which means we have a town full of people saying "I thought these
things were supposed to be quiet."

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Mitch wrote:
Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?

There probably still is. However, it's probably in the trash
with the rest of the packaging and, most likely, more of the
insulation. I hope you soon get a tech who knows what he's
doing!

I wonder how many others this guy has installed. And whether
Bosch are able to detect a cluster of noisy dishwasher
complaints within your ZIP code?

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote

Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Yep. But the installer already came out and said the noise was
"normal," so Bosch is sending out someone from a different
dealer...hopefully more competent.

I can't wait to see what he says when he takes the kickplate off.
Especially since the foam is right there in the manual...they show it
being placed behind the kickplate before it's screwed on.

Which means we have a town full of people saying "I thought these
things were supposed to be quiet."

==
Ugh...I'll bet the noise is normal for his installs, eh?
Well, at least it appears you will get it right. Wait til the next guy sees
that gap around
it, too. Do you know when he's coming? Let us know how it turns out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I wonder how many others this guy has installed. And whether
Bosch are able to detect a cluster of noisy dishwasher
complaints within your ZIP code?

If they haven't, they will. I have 2 friends who bought thiers from
the same place, and they both complain they are loud.

So after my problem is fixed, they're both going to call.

I should hear something today.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mitch, Douglas wrote:
I just purchased a very quiet Bosch Dishwasher, very happy, My son has a top
of the line one, is very loud in low frequency, when running can hear it is
the whole house. , downstairs is very annoying, Bosh said it was nortmal, the
repair man needs his ears tested, Bosch tout their machines are very quiet, My
Son's is very noisy even though is the top of the line, I measured it with a
sound pressure meter, no where near in spec. Too bad a class company like
Bosch does not care about meeting there commitment after they have your money.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ud-204993-.htm

Bosch dishwasher psf2001uk UK diy 2 February 24th 07 09:42 PM
Bosch Dishwasher [email protected] UK diy 1 May 23rd 06 08:21 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael Home Repair 3 January 11th 06 04:42 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael UK diy 0 January 9th 06 11:12 PM
Bosch Dishwasher Help [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 13th 04 04:03 AM