Old March 24th 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Bosch dishwasher...very loud.

We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

It cleans amazingly well, so no complaints there.

It's very loud...much louder than our cheap Kitchenaid.
I figured it was defective, so I called the dealer. The tech said the
noise level is normal, and that it sounds like the Bosch he himself
has at home.

Our friends have the top-of-the-line Bosch. "So quiet, it has to have
a little light that shines on the floor so you know it's on."

Joke. Hers is just as loud as mine. She called, got the same tech
and the same answer.

I have spoken to many Bosch owners, online and in person, who tell me
that theirs is so quiet they have to put their hand on it to know it's
running.

In fact, our friends have the bottom model, with noise specs something
like 56db, and they say they can't hear it running.

Ours is supposed to be 44 db.

So what's going on here? Should I pursue this?
There's a gap around the unit...should this have been filled by the
installers?

I plan to call Bosch on Monday. No surprise that they haven't
answered email...they are supposed to be legendary in their poor
customer service.

BTW...I'm in the next room over as I type this, and the dishwasher is
running. Sounds like a washing machine.

Old March 24th 07, 06:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 10:31 am, Mitch [email protected] wrote:
[...]

When we moved into our place in 2003, it had a Bosch SHU3307. Not top
of the line at all, and it's very quiet. I have always heard that
they are known for being quiet, so not sure what your deal is. Not
sure how helpful this is, but at least you know mine cleans great and
is quiet.

Send it back

Later, Steve

Old March 24th 07, 07:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" [email protected] wrote in message
news
[...]

If you return it look into an LG LDS5811. Our kitchen opens into our living
room and the thing barely makes a peep. It also only cost $699.

Old March 24th 07, 10:35 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Mitch, 3/24/2007,1:31:36 PM, wrote:

We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

For that much money I would expect a dishwasher to wash wash my clothes
as well. I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II that we got from Lowe's
for $450 that is very quiet and has a huge tub without a center post
that can fit nearly anything to be cleaned.

Old March 24th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote
We got a Bosch dishwasher about 2 weeks ago...model SHE66.
Not the top-of-the-line, but at $1300 not exactly cheap.

It cleans amazingly well, so no complaints there.

In fact, our friends have the bottom model, with noise specs something
like 56db, and they say they can't hear it running.

Ours is supposed to be 44 db.

So what's going on here? Should I pursue this?

==
Yes. It was probably installed incorrectly. Does it have the bottom front
kickplate
installed properly--If that is installed backwards (and it happens), the
unit will be noisier. Why is there a gap around the cabinet?
It should have a plastic filler type strip along the sides. Who installed
it?
My Bosch is about 5 years old and was top of the line then. Its sound rating
is 46db and it is barely audible. It is slightly louder
now than when new--we can hear the water filling/draining, but otherwise
can't be heard
without an ear to the door. You need to take this up with the installer.

Old March 25th 07, 12:03 AM posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Not familiar with Bosh, but I would guess that there should be some sound
deadening insulation around the machine. Is it possible your installer
thought that it was factory wrapping and took it off?
MLD

anews.com...

Old March 25th 07, 05:05 AM posted to alt.home.repair

my bosch is absolutely silent. insist on another tech. my bosch has
lots of insulation covered by a cheap metal cabinet, that slides into
the dishwasher slot.

Old March 25th 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:05:27 GMT, "Gini" wrote:

Why is there a gap around the cabinet?

I don't know...what kind of seal does yours have?

I'm sick about this.
The dealer only has one tech, so I'm going to call Bosch and see if
they can send someone else out.

I think it's fishy that I only know of one other person who says their
Bosch is loud, and it was installed by the same guy!
Old March 25th 07, 08:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Download and read the installation instructions if the installer did not
leave them with you. There is obviously a problem. Call your credit card
company and tell them to hold the charge if you paid that way because the
unit is defective.

Bosch dishwasher psf2001uk UK diy 2 February 24th 07 08:42 PM
Bosch Dishwasher [email protected] UK diy 1 May 23rd 06 07:21 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael Home Repair 3 January 11th 06 03:42 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael UK diy 0 January 9th 06 10:12 PM
Bosch Dishwasher Help [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 13th 04 03:03 AM