Old March 26th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Bosch dishwasher...very loud.

"Mitch" wrote
"Gini" wrote:

Why is there a gap around the cabinet?

I don't know...what kind of seal does yours have?

==
It has a strip of thick plastic/vinyl/rubber down each side. The strip
is slightly flexible and completely seals the sides between dishwasher and
cabinets.
My DW is white so my strip is white. Also, check your kickplate and be sure
the
foam insulation is behind it. I've heard from others that the kickplate is
often installed
backwards and if it is, you can see the foam insulation through the screw
holes. This was
brought up years ago on usenet so you might be able to find more info via
Google.
(More Below)
==

I'm sick about this.
The dealer only has one tech, so I'm going to call Bosch and see if
they can send someone else out.

I think it's fishy that I only know of one other person who says their
Bosch is loud, and it was installed by the same guy!

==
Did you tell the dealer that? I am sure your unit is installed incorrectly
and
would badger the dealer until it is resolved. Tell them if they can't fix
it,
then they should pay someone else to fix it. I bought mine from Sears and
they should know how to intsall them properly since they presumably sell
a lot of them. In the meantime, try blocking the sides yourself with
something
temporary to see if that reduces the noise. If it doesn't, there may be a
problem
with the insulation wrap around the unit--like, hopefully there is one ;-).
HTH.
==
==

Old March 26th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Download and read the installation instructions if the installer did not
leave them with you. There is obviously a problem.

I called Bosch, and they're sending out a tech from a different
dealer.
Old March 27th 07, 12:25 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?
Old March 27th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote
Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?

==
Yep. Is there any way to tell if the insulation wrap is around the unit as
well?
Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Old March 27th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Yep. But the installer already came out and said the noise was
"normal," so Bosch is sending out someone from a different
dealer...hopefully more competent.

I can't wait to see what he says when he takes the kickplate off.
Especially since the foam is right there in the manual...they show it
being placed behind the kickplate before it's screwed on.

Which means we have a town full of people saying "I thought these
things were supposed to be quiet."

Old March 27th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Mitch wrote:
Holy cow. I took the kickplate off. There's no insulation of any
kind! Nothing. Just noisy pumps and actuators.

What a fool. I can't wait to tell them.

I assume there's supposed to be one big strip of foam insulation?

There probably still is. However, it's probably in the trash
with the rest of the packaging and, most likely, more of the
insulation. I hope you soon get a tech who knows what he's
doing!

I wonder how many others this guy has installed. And whether
Bosch are able to detect a cluster of noisy dishwasher
complaints within your ZIP code?

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Old March 27th 07, 03:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Mitch" wrote

Where did you buy the DW--a local dealer?

Yep. But the installer already came out and said the noise was
"normal," so Bosch is sending out someone from a different
dealer...hopefully more competent.

I can't wait to see what he says when he takes the kickplate off.
Especially since the foam is right there in the manual...they show it
being placed behind the kickplate before it's screwed on.

Which means we have a town full of people saying "I thought these
things were supposed to be quiet."

==
Ugh...I'll bet the noise is normal for his installs, eh?
Well, at least it appears you will get it right. Wait til the next guy sees
that gap around
it, too. Do you know when he's coming? Let us know how it turns out.

Old March 27th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I wonder how many others this guy has installed. And whether
Bosch are able to detect a cluster of noisy dishwasher
complaints within your ZIP code?

If they haven't, they will. I have 2 friends who bought thiers from
the same place, and they both complain they are loud.

So after my problem is fixed, they're both going to call.

I should hear something today.
Old May 15th 19, 03:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mitch, Douglas wrote:
I just purchased a very quiet Bosch Dishwasher, very happy, My son has a top
of the line one, is very loud in low frequency, when running can hear it is
the whole house. , downstairs is very annoying, Bosh said it was nortmal, the
repair man needs his ears tested, Bosch tout their machines are very quiet, My
Son's is very noisy even though is the top of the line, I measured it with a
sound pressure meter, no where near in spec. Too bad a class company like
Bosch does not care about meeting there commitment after they have your money.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ud-204993-.htm

Bosch dishwasher psf2001uk UK diy 2 February 24th 07 08:42 PM
Bosch Dishwasher [email protected] UK diy 1 May 23rd 06 07:21 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael Home Repair 3 January 11th 06 03:42 AM
Bosch dishwasher Michael UK diy 0 January 9th 06 10:12 PM
Bosch Dishwasher Help [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 13th 04 03:03 AM