DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Getting help with insulation (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195886-getting-help-insulation.html)

[email protected] March 22nd 07 05:54 PM

Getting help with insulation

I'm getting ready to add a bunch more insulation to my attic and have
been led to believe that there programs that give financial assistance
to 'senior' citizens who do this.

When I called the electric company about this, they said they had no
idea what I was talking about.

Have any of you people from the Fort Worth TX area heard about about
these programs?

I'm not looking for a 'company' to come and do the work, I'm going to
do the work myself but I'm just trying to cut costs as much as
reasonably possible as I'm on a fixed income.

Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*****

Just Joshin March 23rd 07 10:26 PM

Getting help with insulation

On 22 Mar 2007 10:54:57 -0700, "
wrote:

I'm getting ready to add a bunch more insulation to my attic and have
been led to believe that there programs that give financial assistance
to 'senior' citizens who do this.

When I called the electric company about this, they said they had no
idea what I was talking about.

Have any of you people from the Fort Worth TX area heard about about
these programs?

I'm not looking for a 'company' to come and do the work, I'm going to
do the work myself but I'm just trying to cut costs as much as
reasonably possible as I'm on a fixed income.

Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*****

Talk to your accoutant, there are tax credits available under certain
conditions. Also, the pay back from adding insulation is enough
incentive for me to add more to my attic.

tom @ www.FreeCreditReportAdvice.com