Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shed/storage question

Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain
material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live
Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers.
They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a
blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap
around to
protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 19, 10:09 pm, wrote:
Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain
material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live
Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers.
They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a
blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap
around to
protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

perhaps you can scan your documents and store the files on dvd's;
download the electronic version of the books and store them on dvd's.
where would the removed dirt all go? when it rains, the sidewalls
could collapse slowly or like a mudslide. although it is interesting
it could present a danger of collapse or drowning for anyone walking
onto the property, which is usually some variety of a criminal
negligence offense. depending on the climate, the underground storage
with its dampness and freezing/thawing could accelerate the damage to
your items.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This has to be a troll. There is nothing worth keeping secret in Oklahoma.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain
material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live
Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers.
They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a
blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap
around to
protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain
material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live
Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers.
They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a
blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap
around to
protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

Consider burning them first. The space compression is pretty dramatic; you
could then store the ashes glass jar where they will be protected from
humidity.

Is rott a Oklahoman term?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sheds cost an arm and a leg.

I am thinking digging a hole on my property to store certain
material underground. Do I need governmental permission to dig (I live
Oklahoma) half a garage size large and deep hole?

Some of the stuff that I want to store are lots of books and papers.
They could rott when I just put them in the ground, cover them with a
blanket and throw dirt over it. What material could I use to wrap
around to
protect the books and papers to protect the books and papers?

You apparently don't give a rat's a** about the papers and books so why
bother throwing them into a hole to "keep" them. If this isn't a troll you
aren't demonstrating a great deal of common sense. If it is a troll you
aren't demonstrating great deal of common sense.