DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   clicking noise in bedroom (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195571-clicking-noise-bedroom.html)

[email protected] March 19th 07 07:07 PM

clicking noise in bedroom

My fiance and I just moved to this 2 year old townhome. Everytime
when we use the toilet rooms (there are two upstais), we hear the
clicking/cracking noise from the wall behind our bed. It lasts about
10-30 seconds but it is so annoying.

We track it down to the basement, we did not see any water damamge on
the wall or on the ceiling where the pipe travels through. We really
worried it might be some leaking problems invloved. But we only hear
the noise, we didn't see any signs.

Anyone knows if it is normal? How to fix it? Thanks a lot

Jenny

Art March 19th 07 07:18 PM

clicking noise in bedroom

Probably loose pipe that expands and contracts. I have one of those in my
house. Quiet in warmer weather when the basement it runs thru is warmer.
Noisy during the winter. Without access it is impossible to fix but
shouldn't be more than an anoyance. It should happen after a shower too as
the pipe temperature changes.

oups.com...

Just Joshin March 20th 07 07:15 PM

clicking noise in bedroom

On 19 Mar 2007 12:07:23 -0700, wrote:

My fiance and I just moved to this 2 year old townhome. Everytime
when we use the toilet rooms (there are two upstais), we hear the
clicking/cracking noise from the wall behind our bed. It lasts about
10-30 seconds but it is so annoying.

We track it down to the basement, we did not see any water damamge on
the wall or on the ceiling where the pipe travels through. We really
worried it might be some leaking problems invloved. But we only hear
the noise, we didn't see any signs.

Anyone knows if it is normal? How to fix it? Thanks a lot

Jenny

My house seems to be full of little noises, I only notice when trying
to sleep. It seems that 99% are associated with things expanding and
contracting inside the walls. Duct work, piping etc. Might notice it
more during extreme temps. Hot summers, flush and the piping quickly
contracts than returns. Cold winters, the piping warms up, expands
and then returns. etc. etc.

Just a guess, since this is what I figured is happing in my house.

later,

tom @
www.Consolidated-Loans.info