DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Screen door pushbutton latch - need just the latch plate, looking for suggestions (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/195506-screen-door-pushbutton-latch-need-just-latch-plate-looking-suggestions.html)

[email protected] March 19th 07 05:36 AM

Screen door pushbutton latch - need just the latch plate, looking for suggestions

I moved into a house with a screen door that has a pushbutton latch
mechanism.
Similar to this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KKXEAS/...linkCod e=asn

I don't need the whole assembly, just the "strike plate" (which is
missing) that catches the latch on the inside when the door closes. We
have a cat and don't want it to push open the screen door and run
outside.
Can anyone tell me the formal name for this piece?
I can't find it at Home Depot or Lowes. Pehaps someone has a
suggestion.