Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

Default plaster removal on concrete

Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is ****ed).
does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete?
already tried water with stiff brush with little results .
any other ideas?
I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the
dripping faucet on the tin roof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My first thought was to put a wire wheel on an angle grinder and go
after it with that.

Or maybe a pressure washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, water should have done it.
Maybe there just wasn't enough contact time.
I'd try putting a rag on it and saturating it,
before being more heroic about it.

Might consider a dilute solution of vinegar, but later.

On Mar 11, 8:59 am, wrote:
My first thought was to put a wire wheel on an angle grinder and go
after it with that.

Or maybe a pressure washer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

| "3G" wrote in message
| Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is ****ed).
| does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete?
| already tried water with stiff brush with little results .
| any other ideas?
| I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the
| dripping faucet on the tin roof.
|
| Scrape it off?

I have soaked the plaster with water
tried scraping it off
tried power washing
and the plaster IS still stuck to the concrete floor.

is it so hard for plasterers to cover concrete when finishing a wall or
ceiling.
this is not the 1st time this has happened, and yes the plaster is still
on the other floor (at the last house we lived in)

|I guess I will try the vinegar
I'll let you know how it turns out

any other options?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 11, 5:17 am, "3G" wrote:
Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is ****ed).
does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete?
already tried water with stiff brush with little results .
any other ideas?
I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the
dripping faucet on the tin roof.

There is no easy way if the concrete wasn't sealed. If it was sealed,
it's still basically impossible to remove all traces. Very few trades
would worry too much about protecting the slab unless you specifically
told them to cover it and leave it how they found it.

Is this the same installation that you referred to in the thread about
nail pops? If so, "no pops yet" really doesn't mean much when you're
still doing the initial cleanup.

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
| On Mar 11, 5:17 am, "3G" wrote:
| Damn Plasterer got plaster on my new concrete slab (wife is ****ed).
| does anyone know of an easy way to remove plaster from concrete?
| already tried water with stiff brush with little results .
| any other ideas?
| I'll try anything at this point so I don't have to listen to the
| dripping faucet on the tin roof.
|
| There is no easy way if the concrete wasn't sealed. If it was sealed,
| it's still basically impossible to remove all traces. Very few trades
| would worry too much about protecting the slab unless you specifically
| told them to cover it and leave it how they found it.
|
| Is this the same installation that you referred to in the thread about
| nail pops? If so, "no pops yet" really doesn't mean much when you're
| still doing the initial cleanup.

negative
different job

and no the concrete was not sealed
don't you think it would be common courtesy and common sense to cover
everything you are working over.
seems like a no brainer.