DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sears slide in gas range. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/194672-sears-slide-gas-range.html)

whistle March 10th 07 05:45 PM

sears slide in gas range.

,i have a sears slide in range where the bake oven feature has stopped
working.

model number is 36769891

broiler is working as our top burners

removed cover piece and observed igniter - does not glow.

my question is - do you simply replace igniter or is there a fuse,
sensor or other piece involved.
how is ignitor held in place and should anything else be done upon
removal.

thanks

ChrisGW March 10th 07 06:04 PM

sears slide in gas range.

whistle wrote:
,i have a sears slide in range where the bake oven feature has stopped
working.

model number is 36769891

broiler is working as our top burners

removed cover piece and observed igniter - does not glow.

my question is - do you simply replace igniter or is there a fuse,
sensor or other piece involved.
how is ignitor held in place and should anything else be done upon
removal.

thanks

I just had to do this last year. It sounds like it is the igniter. It is most
likely held in place with one maybe two screws. (mine was two screws) Very easy
job. It took less then 15 minutes. There is no fuse that I am aware of.

Chris

Edwin Pawlowski March 10th 07 08:15 PM

sears slide in gas range.

"whistle" wrote in message
my question is - do you simply replace igniter or is there a fuse,
sensor or other piece involved.
how is ignitor held in place and should anything else be done upon
removal.

Every one I've seen go bad needed the igniter replaced. Check for cost
locally and at www.repairclinc.com You don't have to go to Sears for it.
Most igniters are made by either Norton or US Carborundum and can be cross
referenced by the dealer.