DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spring forward (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/194448-spring-forward.html)

Kurt Ullman March 8th 07 03:05 PM

Spring forward

to the hardware store and get new batteries for your smoke and CO
detectors..

Charles Schuler March 8th 07 08:26 PM

Spring forward

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
to the hardware store and get new batteries for your smoke and CO
detectors..

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article included
interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing the batteries when
you reset your clocks for DST. Your post reminded me of that.

Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of the units,
randomly tested, worked!

Kurt Ullman March 8th 07 08:35 PM

Spring forward

In article ,
"Charles Schuler" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
..
.
to the hardware store and get new batteries for your smoke and CO
detectors..

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article included
interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing the batteries when
you reset your clocks for DST. Your post reminded me of that.

That is why I sent it. They changed the DST change to next Sun.

Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of the units,
randomly tested, worked!

If you mean were without batteries, I wouldn't doubt that in the
least..

HeyBub March 8th 07 09:13 PM

Spring forward

Kurt Ullman wrote:

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article
included interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing
the batteries when you reset your clocks for DST. Your post
reminded me of that.

That is why I sent it. They changed the DST change to next Sun.

Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of
the units, randomly tested, worked!

If you mean were without batteries, I wouldn't doubt that in the
least..

Newer models insist that a battery be installed or they won't attach to
their mounting plate.

Just Joshin March 9th 07 12:30 AM

Spring forward

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:13:30 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article
included interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing
the batteries when you reset your clocks for DST. Your post
reminded me of that.

That is why I sent it. They changed the DST change to next Sun.

Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of
the units, randomly tested, worked!

If you mean were without batteries, I wouldn't doubt that in the
least..

Newer models insist that a battery be installed or they won't attach to
their mounting plate.

True, but I met people who broke the arm right off. So they can put
their wired smokes back up without the battery.

Glad now they come with a constant beep.

tom @ www.FatHubby.com