DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas Furnace problem:no flame, fan runs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/194266-gas-furnace-problem-no-flame-fan-runs.html)

[email protected] March 6th 07 06:54 PM

Gas Furnace problem:no flame, fan runs

My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Joe March 6th 07 07:10 PM

On Mar 6, 12:54 pm, wrote:
My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

thanks!

A couple of possibilities: repairclinic.com (great on appliances,
don't know about furnaces) and arnoldservicecom that specializes in
furnace matters. Odds are the folks at Arnolds will have the expertise
and parts to get you going quickly. Good luck.

Joe

Charles Schuler March 6th 07 09:36 PM

Gas Furnace problem:no flame, fan runs

wrote in message
oups.com...
My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

The thermostat is one possibility and another is the controller in the
furnace.

pj March 7th 07 12:05 PM

Gas Furnace problem:no flame, fan runs

Could be the igniter. I had the same thing happen 3 times, then had the
furnace replaced.
-- pj

In article , "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

oups.com...

Just Joshin March 7th 07 11:12 PM

On 6 Mar 2007 10:54:07 -0800, wrote:

My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

thanks!

imho:

I understand many furnaces have a start up sequence, if anything goes
wrong, then no heat.

I would suggest you get a professional to check your system out, it
might be much cheaper than haveing frozen, broken piping. ;)

later,

tom @
www.FreelancingProjects.com