Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Bending CPVC

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:51:04 GMT, John~*

How tough to bend CPVC with heat?

I have to bend an 18" radius for a project.

Any problem?

Tips, suggestions?

If you don't need a lot of strength, get a hula hoop and use that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How tough to bend CPVC with heat?

I have to bend an 18" radius for a project.

Any problem?

Tips, suggestions?

If you don't need a lot of strength, get a hula hoop and use that.

Pack it with sand before heating .. .. it will (usually) prevent kinking
... .. .. GO SLOW !! !! !!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

How tough to bend CPVC with heat?

I have to bend an 18" radius for a project.

Any problem?

Tips, suggestions?

If you don't need a lot of strength, get a hula hoop and use that.

That's a pretty good suggestion really - use what's already available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Eigenvector, Chuy wrote:
Packn it wit HOT sand over and over while heating t outside with a heat gun
(at low temp) might eventually work.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...vc-199748-.htm

Bending CPVC Jim Yanik Home Repair 3 March 4th 07 03:07 AM
Bending CPVC Harry K Home Repair 0 March 3rd 07 06:28 AM
Bending CPVC Harry K Home Repair 1 March 3rd 07 04:55 AM
Bending CPVC Harry K Home Repair 0 March 3rd 07 04:21 AM
Bending/twisting wood (was Bending Oak) Dan Major Woodworking 3 October 3rd 05 07:50 PM