DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bending CPVC (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/193874-re-bending-cpvc.html)

Harry K March 3rd 07 03:20 AM

Bending CPVC

On Mar 2, 3:51 pm, John~

wrote:
How tough to bend CPVC with heat?

I have to bend an 18" radius for a project.

Any problem?

Tips, suggestions?

Yes, it can be done. I don't redcall the specific heat but back in
the M.E.N. days before they went yuppie there was an article using
antifreeze to get the temperature up to the required level. Probably
also need a form to bend it around, i.e., not freehand. Google might
turn up something.

Harry K

Michael B March 3rd 07 03:55 AM

Bending CPVC

There was an article about bending PVC, filled with sand,
vented caps, etc.
After the reminder to use preformed turns if possible.
Along with the reminder that burst strength would be
reduced.