DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chemical resistant coating. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/193713-chemical-resistant-coating.html)

PVR March 1st 07 01:37 PM

Chemical resistant coating.

I need a chemical resistant, color retentive white semi gloss coating or
paint. I have a laundry counter top which is gray and it should be made
white. The counter top would be very difficult to replace, probably
resulting in severe damage to a stainless steel sink.

I am thinking that a two component (ie: two package or catalyzed) aliphatic
urethane or epoxy system would do the best job.

Does anyone know of paints like this and where to get them?

Many thanks,

Peter.

BobK207 March 1st 07 05:26 PM

On Mar 1, 5:37 am, "PVR" wrote:
I need a chemical resistant, color retentive white semi gloss coating or
paint. I have a laundry counter top which is gray and it should be made
white. The counter top would be very difficult to replace, probably
resulting in severe damage to a stainless steel sink.

I am thinking that a two component (ie: two package or catalyzed) aliphatic
urethane or epoxy system would do the best job.

Does anyone know of paints like this and where to get them?

Many thanks,

Peter.

Rustoleum High Performance Epoxy Industrial Mastic DTM 9100

Very slightly UV sensitve but only in direct sunlight.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp...t_id=102&SBL=2
http://www.rustoleum.com/tds/9100%20...51_2032990.pdf

I use it to paint shop MDF & plywood bench tops & cabinets.
Dark colors (navy greay & black) show "scratches" but white probably
won't

I buy my at Vista Paint if SoCal.

cheers
Bob