Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stainless sink refinishing

How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel
sink.
No dents, just surface stuff.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Use steel wool.
Does anyone remember the Delorean cars from the early 1980s? They
were stainless steel and instead of waxing, you steel-wooled them.

Vin - Old gold claims and mining district maps on-line at http://MenotomyMaps.com

On Feb 28, 1:25 pm, "Charlie Bress" Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com
wrote:
How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel
sink.
No dents, just surface stuff.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Bress" Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com wrote in message
. ..
How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel
sink.
No dents, just surface stuff.

Cleanser and elbow grease.

Posted to alt.home.repair

OldRoads wrote:
Use steel wool.
Does anyone remember the Delorean cars from the early 1980s? They
were stainless steel and instead of waxing, you steel-wooled them.

I suggest if you are going that way, use a stainless steel wool pad as
the other ones could end up as rust.

The trick is to find the right grade of the stuff. Sinks come in
various finishes some with more shine some less.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie Bress" Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com wrote in
:

How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel
sink.
No dents, just surface stuff.

Charlie

use a VS-drill and a surfacing wheel,like a flexible disc sanding
attachment.

Harbor Freight has a surfacing kit that has two such wheels (2" and 3"
dia.)and a variety of abrasive fiber discs(like Scotch-Brite pads) that
would be perfect for resurfacing your sink,about $12 USD,IIRC.

Then finish up with a buffing pad and some compound.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 10:20 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Charlie Bress" Here-I-am-at-the-last-moment.com wrote
How can I take out scratches or other imperfections in a stainless steel sink.
No dents, just surface stuff.

use a VS-drill and a surfacing wheel,like a flexible disc sanding

I used a wire wheel. It was a thinner guage double bowl that I was
going to replace soon with a thicker $500 sink, but I liked the swirl
finish I ended up with, so I'm keeping it for now. Surprisingly, no
rust even after going to town with the wire wheel. Nearly everything
that is claimed to be "stainless" these days seems to get rust stains.