DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PELLET STOVE CLEANING (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/193251-pellet-stove-cleaning.html)

[email protected] February 24th 07 05:19 PM

PELLET STOVE CLEANING

Can anyone give me an idea on what to use to clean the gold around the
door of my pellet stove? The gold cleaner is so expensive.

Thanks

Paul M. Eldridge February 24th 07 05:41 PM

PELLET STOVE CLEANING

For gold plated accents, a light rubbing with a soft cotton cloth is
generally all that is required. If that doesn't work, you might try a
dilute mixture of vinegar and water. Never use any ammonia-based
product, glass cleaner or abrasive substance as this cause permanent
damage.

Cheers,
Paul

JoeSpareBedroom February 25th 07 07:02 AM

PELLET STOVE CLEANING

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone give me an idea on what to use to clean the gold around the
door of my pellet stove? The gold cleaner is so expensive.

Thanks

I would use gold cleaner. It's only expensive if you clean the gold too
often, which means you need a hobby, a library card, or a psychiatrist.