DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bleach Dispenser Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192993-bleach-dispenser-question.html)

[email protected] February 21st 07 08:42 PM

Bleach Dispenser Question

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

cybercat February 21st 07 09:38 PM

Bleach Dispenser Question

wrote in message
ps.com...
The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

I have a new Kenmore washer that has a dispenser like this that also
drains slowly. As long as it all gets out before the washer begins
agitating, it doesn't matter, right?

Or are you saying yours takes longer than that to empty?

HeyBub February 21st 07 09:38 PM

Bleach Dispenser Question

wrote:
The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

There's a valve at the bottom. The bleach is dispensed at the appropriate
point during the wash cycle.

[email protected] February 22nd 07 02:06 AM

Bleach Dispenser Question

On Feb 21, 1:38 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

I have a new Kenmore washer that has a dispenser like this that also
drains slowly. As long as it all gets out before the washer begins
agitating, it doesn't matter, right?

Or are you saying yours takes longer than that to empty?

Yes, it looks like it wasn't finished after the load was done. Once
the agitation started, the vibration appears to have splattered the
bleach all over inside and then on to the floor.

John Gilmer February 22nd 07 06:40 AM

Bleach Dispenser Question

Yes, it looks like it wasn't finished after the load was done. Once
the agitation started, the vibration appears to have splattered the
bleach all over inside and then on to the floor.

Whenever I have a load of laundry that I wash using HOT water, I take a few
cups of water from the filling nozzle and pour it in the bleach "dispenser".

It seems that any "dispenser" that isn't used collects "stuff". I often
fill the softener with hot water a few times also.

Phisherman February 24th 07 02:30 AM

Bleach Dispenser Question

On 21 Feb 2007 12:42:41 -0800, wrote:

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

It is supposed to add the bleach slowly to prevent fabric damage. Best
not to mess with the tube. Try adding water to the dispenser when
you wash colors.