Old February 19th 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning stainless steel appliances

We recently acquired stainless steel appliances and have tried 4 different
cleaners ... they all work to some extent but all have problems. The worst
problem is that they tend to interact with each other and produce a streaky
mess.

WD-40 works like a champ, is faster/easier, and is less costly.

I know, a bit OT ... please be kind.

Old February 20th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 4:49�pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
We recently acquired stainless steel appliances and have tried 4 different
cleaners ... they all work to some extent but all have problems. *The worst
problem is that they tend to interact with each other and produce a streaky
mess.

WD-40 works like a champ, is faster/easier, and is less costly.

I know, a bit OT ... please be kind.

WD40 will eventually turn to a gummy mess, its really a drying
agent.........

Old February 20th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:49:18 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

We recently acquired stainless steel appliances and have tried 4 different
cleaners ... they all work to some extent but all have problems. The worst
problem is that they tend to interact with each other and produce a streaky
mess.

WD-40 works like a champ, is faster/easier, and is less costly.

I know, a bit OT ... please be kind.

A much better cleaner is that waterless hand cleaner used in machine
shops and garages. It takes out grease and stains and even polishes
the metal. All it needs is a dry paper towel to finish up as it does
not leave any residue like oils or soap.
Old February 20th 07, 04:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Check out a janitorial supply. They make a stainless "oil" we used to use
to shine the pi$$ out of drinking fountains. On the dixie choppers, I use
ATF. But it collects dust. But on a lawnmower, what the hell.

--
Steve Barker

Old February 20th 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning stainless steel appliances - here's some more

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/stainlesssteel

http://consumer.simplegreen.com/cons_prod_stain.php

--
Steve Barker

Old February 20th 07, 04:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair

windex

Old February 20th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I'll continue to use the WD40 and report back in six months (even if my
appliances slime over and begin to disintegrate).