Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pad under laminate flooring

Laminate Floor Pad

North side of house three-season porch enclose insulated floor over
crawl space. Crawl space has a moisture barrier on the dirt. My
primary concern is occasional rain on the floor and the sound this
type of flooring makes. ¾-4-8 bead board is $3.80 per sheet and seems
like a cost effective solution for a pad. It will cost me 1" of
headroom. What other problems will I have? thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 8:20 am, wrote:
Laminate Floor Pad

North side of house three-season porch enclose insulated floor over
crawl space. Crawl space has a moisture barrier on the dirt. My
primary concern is occasional rain on the floor and the sound this
type of flooring makes. ¾-4-8 bead board is $3.80 per sheet and seems
like a cost effective solution for a pad. It will cost me 1" of
headroom. What other problems will I have? thanks

This may depend upon your climate but...If your floor is uninsulated
and the porch is unheated then you many run into problems with too
much expanding and contracting. If exposed to rain then prompt
cleanup would be required. They always suggest prompt clean ups with
that type of flooring since the finish is not continuous.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My
primary concern is occasional rain on the floor

Standing water is not good for laminate, even its occasional.

Laminate Flooring [email protected] UK diy 2 September 19th 06 11:35 PM
laminate flooring Ed Kaz Home Repair 5 March 20th 06 09:07 PM
laminate flooring Kee Home Repair 2 June 5th 05 03:00 AM
laminate flooring therebel UK diy 31 March 1st 05 10:28 AM
Re Re Laminate Flooring srazor Woodworking 0 August 27th 04 06:57 AM