DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Indirect Fired Hot Water Heater Malfunction (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192729-indirect-fired-hot-water-heater-malfunction.html)

[email protected] February 19th 07 01:20 PM

Indirect Fired Hot Water Heater Malfunction

As of yesterday, for no apparent reason, my hot water is coming out
lukewarm at best. Should I assume that I need a new Superstor or
that it's an oil-burner issue? Do I call my plumber or my oil
company? Thanks in advance as I am ignorant on this issue.

Goedjn February 19th 07 06:47 PM

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:20:34 GMT, wrote:

As of yesterday, for no apparent reason, my hot water is coming out
lukewarm at best. Should I assume that I need a new Superstor or
that it's an oil-burner issue? Do I call my plumber or my oil
company? Thanks in advance as I am ignorant on this issue.

Is this on all fixtures, or just one?

Doug February 21st 07 06:37 AM

Indirect Fired Hot Water Heater Malfunction

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:20:34 GMT, wrote:

As of yesterday, for no apparent reason, my hot water is coming out
lukewarm at best. Should I assume that I need a new Superstor or
that it's an oil-burner issue? Do I call my plumber or my oil
company? Thanks in advance as I am ignorant on this issue.

I doubt that your Superstor indirect heater is bad.
They either fail rapidly with a tank leak or slowly as the internal
heat transfer coil limes up. With a closed system like an indirect
heater, the coil rarely "limes" (builds up mineral deposits) unless
the boiler water is contaminated.

I'd suspect the zone control for the indirect heater, the heater's
thermostatic control, the circulator pump or other related item.

Doug