Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default They did it again!

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Harry K wrote:
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a fifty?

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
AL AL is offline

Rick Brandt wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a fifty?

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have
a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department
of Redundancy Department...

AL
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"AL" wrote in message

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have a
dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department of
Redundancy Department...

But the dollar coin will greatly outlast the paper bill saving money.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Don Don is offline

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"AL" wrote in message

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have a
dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department of
Redundancy Department...

But the dollar coin will greatly outlast the paper bill saving money.

Saving *who* money?
No matter how much money the gov't supposedly *saves* it never give the
*savings* back to whom its been stolen.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"AL" wrote in message
The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have a
dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department of
Redundancy Department...

But the dollar coin will greatly outlast the paper bill saving money.

Saving *who* money?
No matter how much money the gov't supposedly *saves* it never give the
*savings* back to whom its been stolen.

Think of it as preventing an expenditure that need not
be incurred.
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

AL

Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill. Do you know that
when we made a good decision to dump the half penny it was worth about 20¢
in today's money? Let's lighten our pockets and get rid of the nickel and
quarter also and re-issue a smaller 50¢ piece and a $5.00 coin making the
$10.00 our smallest bill and the dime the smallest coin. Then those $19.95
deals will become $19.90. (or $19.9) :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Don't dump them, make them the new dollar coin

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Per Edwin Pawlowski:
Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Don't dump them, make them the new dollar coin

I like it...
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Not so fast there!

The "Penny Dump" is LONG overdue. Because of the extra effort when making
change it $.01 piece is a drag on the economy.

The law should require that transactions be "rounded up" to the nearest $.05
unless the seller decides on a different policy. That way, when you get
change you don't get your cents.

If the US gets another round of inflation, the "next step" would be to get
rid of the $.05 and $.10.

But bring in the $1.00 "token" (as it doesn't contain silver or gold) coin
while we still have the $.01 piece a mistake.

Do you know that
when we made a good decision to dump the half penny it was worth about 20¢
in today's money? Let's lighten our pockets and get rid of the nickel

and
quarter also and re-issue a smaller 50¢ piece and a $5.00 coin making the
$10.00 our smallest bill and the dime the smallest coin. Then those

$19.95
deals will become $19.90. (or $19.9) :-)

Good thinking.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

John Gilmer wrote:
Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Not so fast there!

The "Penny Dump" is LONG overdue. Because of the extra effort when making
change it $.01 piece is a drag on the economy.

The law should require that transactions be "rounded up" to the nearest $.05
unless the seller decides on a different policy. That way, when you get
change you don't get your cents.

Wouldn't rounding up OR down to the nearest 5 cents be fairer? .03 and
..04 UP, .01 and .02 DOWN.

I haven't heard a valid argument for the US keeping the penny coin for
quite a while. From what I have heard, the mint makes more penny coins
than the total of all the other denominations of coins because so many
pennies go out of circulation for a variety of reasons.

Legislation to eliminate the penny is proposed every few years and
doesn't pass. I'd bet it's because of strong lobbying by the mint
worker's union and the metal suppliers. And maybe by some charitable
organizations too, I've heard they feel many folks will toss all the
pennies they have on them into a collection jar, and they feel they will
get less overall donations if pennies aren't around.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:08:37 -0500, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

Better yet, let's dump pennies and the dollar bill.

Not so fast there!

The "Penny Dump" is LONG overdue. Because of the extra effort when making
change it $.01 piece is a drag on the economy.

The law should require that transactions be "rounded up" to the nearest $.05
unless the seller decides on a different policy. That way, when you get
change you don't get your cents.

For reasons of fairness, that should be "rounded" rather than "rounded
up".

If the US gets another round of inflation, the "next step" would be to get
rid of the $.05 and $.10.

But bring in the $1.00 "token" (as it doesn't contain silver or gold) coin
while we still have the $.01 piece a mistake.

Do you know that
when we made a good decision to dump the half penny it was worth about 20¢
in today's money? Let's lighten our pockets and get rid of the nickel

and
quarter also and re-issue a smaller 50¢ piece and a $5.00 coin making the
$10.00 our smallest bill and the dime the smallest coin. Then those

$19.95
deals will become $19.90. (or $19.9) :-)

Good thinking.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

AL

Better yet, let's dump pennies s n i p

I read (somewhere) that the penny is worth about 1.2 cents in material.
If material costs continue to rise, they're gonna have to find something
else to manufacture it out of (plastic?) or else discontinue it. Either
way, you might want to start stockpiling all your pennies now, in the
eventuality that you'll be able to sell them for a profit.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob Bob is offline

. ..

AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

AL

Better yet, let's dump pennies s n i p

I read (somewhere) that the penny is worth about 1.2 cents in material.
If material costs continue to rise, they're gonna have to find something
else to manufacture it out of (plastic?) or else discontinue it. Either
way, you might want to start stockpiling all your pennies now, in the
eventuality that you'll be able to sell them for a profit.

According to comments on the coin collecting ng, there is a recent law
making it ilegal to melt pennys, I guess due to the expense of making new
ones.

Bob

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have
a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department
of Redundancy Department...

Since a dollar is now small change, I like using dollar coins, and
the post office machines now return them as change from your $10. We
just returned from Ecuador, which uses the US dollar and doesn't have
there own currency. The Sacajawea coins are worn thin there, not like
the pristine ones here. Haven't seen the new ones yet, but I thought
the old ones were just fine.

Dave

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

At the risk of coining a new phrase, "It's about the money."

Dollar bills are the creation of, and owned by, the Federal Reserve System.
Coins are produced by the Bureau of the Mint.

HUGE difference.

Coins are government specie - when the government mints coins, they are
minting money. When the Fed prints a dollar bill, they are producing a
promise to pay. Not the same thing at all.

All the coins produced by the mint are new, free, money that the government
can spend without borrowing. Not so with paper.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

HeyBub wrote:
AL wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already
have a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US
Department of Redundancy Department...

At the risk of coining a new phrase, "It's about the money."

Dollar bills are the creation of, and owned by, the Federal Reserve System.
Coins are produced by the Bureau of the Mint.

HUGE difference.

Coins are government specie - when the government mints coins, they are
minting money. When the Fed prints a dollar bill, they are producing a
promise to pay. Not the same thing at all.

All the coins produced by the mint are new, free, money that the government
can spend without borrowing. Not so with paper.

It's pretty much an academic distinction. As long as someone is willing to
accept the representation of value it matters not what backs up the perceived
value. In the days when coins were made of silver and gold, they had a value
distinct from the pretty pictures upon them. Now that they're all made of
dross, a coin isn't much different from a piece of paper. In a few cases it
actually costs more than the defined value to produce the coin (1 cent being
a case in point).
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Elmo" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:

(snip)
.. In a few cases it
actually costs more than the defined value to produce the coin (1 cent
being
a case in point).

I thought they fixed that when they went to the flash-plated zinc
pseudo-pennies a few years back? Or has the dollar sagged so far, and/or
zinc gone up so much, that the metal value is over a cent again?

aem sends....

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Feb 18, 9:27 pm, AL wrote:
Rick Brandt wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a fifty?

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have
a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department
of Redundancy Department...

AL- Hide quoted text -

The idea has been to do away with the dollar bill ever since a dollar
coin was proposed. I even saw an article somewhere prior to the
release of this one pointing out that use of the coin will not be
really accepted until they just quit producing a dollar bill. I guess
it just goes to show more of their stupidity.

Harry K

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Don Don is offline

"AL" wrote in message
news
Rick Brandt wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a
fifty?

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have a
dollar bill.

They ought to do away with all coins and make all money as bills.
Even pennies. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

AL wrote:
Rick Brandt wrote:
Harry K wrote:

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a
fifty?

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have
a dollar bill. The idea was obviously conceived by the US Department of
Redundancy Department...

AL

A few years ago, when much of Europe switched to a unified currency (the
euro) they researched the issue and concluded that it would save
printing costs if they eliminated the smaller bills. I think the
smallest bill they issue is the 5euro (about equivalent to 5 dollars)
and everything smaller is coinage. It seems to work well for them, and
I'd just as soon not be hauling around a wad of tattered ones, that
probably last about 12 months before needing to be replaced.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Not@home" wrote:

A few years ago, when much of Europe switched to a unified currency (the
euro) they researched the issue and concluded that it would save
printing costs if they eliminated the smaller bills. I think the
smallest bill they issue is the 5euro (about equivalent to 5 dollars)
and everything smaller is coinage. It seems to work well for them, and
I'd just as soon not be hauling around a wad of tattered ones, that
probably last about 12 months before needing to be replaced.

Instead of hauling around a wad of tattered bills, if you lived in
Europe you'd be hauling around a batch of HEAVY pocket-busting
coinage. (Think Seinfeld where Kramer tries to pay for a pizza
(calzone) with his accumulated small change.) The Europeans are pretty
smart about lots of things but this isn't one of them.

As to the penny, if people really wanted to eliminate it they'd have
done so already. It's quite feasible for the merchants to round up or
down or even to round always in the customer's favor thereby not
incurring any complaints but they don't. I only have one place, a fish
store, where the merchant effectively lops off the last digit and
sometimes even more. I've had totals of (say) $24.37 and he has asked
for $24.00. But this is a rarity. And the fish store is an upscale
super-expensive establishment.

Try it yourself. Go to the supermarket and spend (say) $3.51. Tender
$4.00 and watch while the cashier gives you exactly 49 cents change.
If they don't have enough pennies they'll sometimes ask you if you
have one cent. No just giving you two quarters. So contrary to the
"put 'em in a big jar" crowd I find it highly advantageous (not to
mention less lazy) to try and pay the exact amount of the bill which
necessitates carrying and using change. After all that's what it's
for.

For those who say the "change jar" is a way of saving I suggest they
look into the concept of "present value".

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:27:35 -0600, someone wrote:

The problem is there is no need for a dollar coin since we already have
a dollar bill.

And the very idea is to eliminate the dollar bill.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Per Rick Brandt:
Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a fifty?

Actually, it seems tb a problem for a *lot* of foreign visitors who can't
imagine a monetary convention where all bills are not only the same size, but
have identical coloring and similar graphic shapes/placement. I've been hearing
stories from/about new arrivals on that subject since I was a kid.

For residents who are used to this, it's still not comparable. A U.S. bill of
any denomination is over fifteen times larger than a quarter coin and all that
area is occupied by bill-unique graphics. And *still* lifelong citizens
complain about the lack of distinctiveness in bills - especially older ones.

The color might help the new coin. But, lacking a size diff, I'd opine that it
needs at least a different shape - like hexagonal or something... anything to
make a tactile distinction - in order to have a chance with us unwashed masses.

Now if they could come up with a Dolly Parton dollar..... -)
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Feb 19, 6:03 am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Rick Brandt:

[...]

Now _that_ I would be for. Might be a problem keeping it to a
reasonable size though.

Harry K

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Feb 18, 7:39 pm, "Rick Brandt" wrote:
Harry K wrote:
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

Is it a problem for you that a one dollar bill is the same size as a fifty?

The same problem as coins you can't tell by size. You have to look at
them each and every time. Now you can't do much about paper bills as
they will all feel the same no matter the denomination but there is no
reason the dollar coin couldn't be made enough bigger than the quarter
to be told by size. Say about 1/2 way between the quarter and 50cent
coin. You could sort coins by denomination in your pocket by feel up
until the dollar coin.

Harry K

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...

The same problem as coins you can't tell by size. You have to look at
them each and every time. Now you can't do much about paper bills as
they will all feel the same no matter the denomination but there is no
reason the dollar coin couldn't be made enough bigger than the quarter
to be told by size.

There is, actually: It would then be necessary to change every vending
machine in order to get it to accept the new size.

A penny and a dime are almost the same size, too, but they're easy to tell
apart because a dime has a rough edge and a penny has a smooth edge. At
least the new dollar coins have smooth edges.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Harry K wrote:
[...]

C'mon, it IS bigger AND a different color AND with a different edge.

The reason dollar coins are not popular is because COINS are not popular. We
put up with the others because we have to and the majority of us carry them
precisely as long as it takes to dump them in a big container at the house.

Dollar coins (of any shape and size) will catch on 100% the moment they stop
printing paper dollars.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Rick Brandt" wrote in message et...
The reason dollar coins are not popular is because COINS are not popular. We
put up with the others because we have to and the majority of us carry them
precisely as long as it takes to dump them in a big container at the house.

Dollar coins (of any shape and size) will catch on 100% the moment they stop
printing paper dollars.

Rick, that is not entirely true. Dollar coins would be popular if vending machines took them. They don't. Vending machines have been modified to take dollar bills, not dollar coins. If the machines would have been modified to take the coins, the dollar coins would likely have become more popular. Maybe not mainstream, but more popular. At least useful enough for people to carry around to use in vending machines at work or in public places like malls, airports, or whatever.

Coins are popular for saving because it's easy to do. We dump them in jars at home and then roll them up because it's an easy way to save. We then take the rolls to the bank and deposit them into our savings accounts. The dumb ones that are too laze to count them and roll them up themselves take them to those machines that count them up for them and give them a receipt. They "pay" for that service by not getting full value for their coins.

I think that eventually, pennies will likely be taken out of circulation altogether. It almost costs more than a penny to make a penny (if it doesn't already). Might as well just round things to the nearest nickel and forget about pennies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

A question about dollar coins was posted and to this I say:

Better yet get rid of all coinage and paper money!
Some years ago my folks went to Finland to visit the relations and the
locals "load" there cell phones with credit than when they want A candy
bar or A soda they aim the phone at the vending machine and pull the
"trigger" which activates the machine vending the product of choice
deducting the cost from the stored credit on the phone.No muss-no fuss
and no dirty lucre to lug around.
This would really P.O. the street level drug dealers and prevent
vending machine owners from any profit skimming . Haven't figured out
the tag sale problem yet but give me time to work on it!
H.R.
P.S. I understand Japan has the same kind of thing on there phones.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bob Bob is offline

On Feb 18, 9:23 pm, "Harry K" wrote:
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

I don't use them for that reason. However, when travelling to Canada
I never have a problem with their Loonies so I think it's probably
psychological. I think if they take away our paper $1 we would adapt
fairly fast.
Bob

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

I don't use them for that reason. However, when travelling to Canada
I never have a problem with their Loonies so I think it's probably
psychological. I think if they take away our paper $1 we would adapt
fairly fast.

Yep!

"Cold Turkey" is the only way to go.

That's how England introduced the Thachers (the 1 pound coin): after a
certain date the paper money was no long legal currency.

The English coin is a GREAT design: it's is about "quarter" sized but
almost twice as thick. It's gold in color. The edge has find "curling"
plus some extra lettering.

I don't know the situation today, but back in the 80s, the Bank of Scotland
still printed 1 pound paper notes which WERE legal but the Bank of England 1
pound paper bills were not.

That's why there will always be an England and a Scotland and a Wales!

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Harry K" wrote in news:1171855415.659773.41620
@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Vending machine and coin-counter companies spent gobs of money making
their machines accept the size and weight of a dollar coin. I don't
expect the government to change those lightly.

The real problem is that the "dumb *&)s" won't quit printing the dollar
bills -- or pennies.

I used to work for Brink's armored car. Every time a new bill design
comes out, they have a fire drill getting the bill counters updated with
the new specs. It's non-trivial.
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"Steve" wrote in message

The real problem is that the "dumb *&)s" won't quit printing the dollar
bills -- or pennies.

The Euro smallest paper denomination is the 5E. 2 and under are coins, each
different diameter and 10¢ and under are red copper, while the others are
gold colored. . It is not really a problem once you get used to it.
http://www.euro.gov.uk/eurocoins.asp

If we were to do it right it would not take very long to make the change and
be done with it.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Vending machine and coin-counter companies spent gobs of money making
their machines accept the size and weight of a dollar coin. I don't
expect the government to change those lightly.

Lot's of machines still don't take the $1 coin. The government should come
up with a THIRD size (we still have the old "silver dollar" size) that can't
be confused with the $.25 well before dropping the $1 bill.

Unfortunately with our currency not being backed by gold or silver future
inflation is all but certain. Any new $1 coin should provide for future
expansion with $2 and $5 coins. Perhaps the "new" $1 coin should a little
larger than the present $.10 piece but be slightly thicker and be gold in
color. The $.05 piece has a smooth edge so that size can be "recycled" for
a higher value coin.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Feb 18, 8:02 pm, Steve wrote:
[...]

True about the vending machines. Has no bearing on it though.
Remember they had to do the same thing to get them to accept the old
dollar coins.

If they ever expect the public to use the new ones, they are going to
have to do away with the dollar bill.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve wrote in
.128:

Vending machine and coin-counter companies spent gobs of money making
their machines accept the size and weight of a dollar coin. I don't
expect the government to change those lightly.

Actually,most vending machines will NOT accept a dollar coin.
Also,cash registers do not have a compartment for dollar coins.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Harry K wrote in message
. com...
Remember the Susan B Anthony and Sacajawea coins? Well the dumb *&)s
did it again. I just got some of the new dollar coins and again they
are almost identical in size to a quarter. Close enough that you have
to look to be sure. Seems to me the idiots were puzzled when people
didn't use the old dollar coins. They didn't listen apparently when
told that the major objection was the size, too close to a quarter.

Ah well, never underestimate the stupidity of beuracracy!

Harry K

I thought they were gold colored this time around.

Cheri