Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dead mice in electrical panel!!!

just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Hep Hep is offline

On 17 Feb 2007 16:56:02 -0800, "rickandroll" wrote:

I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

You can recognize mouse bile, visually? How can you tell it's not
spider vomit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rickandroll" wrote in message
oups.com...
just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

I once opened a meter socket and two live mice jumped out. They had a nice
nest built in there. The meter was fed from an underground PVC conduit that
had broken so they had a private entrance as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Hep" wrote in message
On 17 Feb 2007 16:56:02 -0800, "rickandroll" wrote:

I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

You can recognize mouse bile, visually? How can you tell it's not
spider vomit?

One is orange and the other yellow. Or vise versa.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

It gets a little crowded in the panel when critters like this move in :
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...banapanel1.jpg

"rickandroll" wrote in message
oups.com...
just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lar Lar is offline

rickandroll wrote:
just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

Were the mice killed by poisons or did they electrocute themselves, that
having poisons about earlier might of kept from happening? How would ya
know?

Lar
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:24:25 -0500, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

It gets a little crowded in the panel when critters like this move in :
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...banapanel1.jpg

That looks like a snake!!

"rickandroll" wrote in message
roups.com...
just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 17 Feb 2007 16:56:02 -0800, "rickandroll" wrote:

just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!

I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!

Rick

Ah any photos?

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com