DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower Drain Pipe help (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192587-shower-drain-pipe-help.html)

[email protected] February 17th 07 11:54 PM

Shower Drain Pipe help

Here is my problem....I needed to extend the shower pipe to install
the new shower base. I calculated the length needed and got a
coupling. This is all pvc by the way. I got some pvc cement. I
just realized i purchased and used cpvc cement (orange) I hope this is
not a problem.

When I was installing the coupling on the original pipe, it did not
get fully seated and the ridge in the middle of the coupling is about
3/8" or so from the top of the old pipe. now the cement is set and it
is on for good. Is this a problem or is it fine as it is.....help
emergency!!!

Speedy Jim February 18th 07 12:14 AM

Shower Drain Pipe help

wrote:

Here is my problem....I needed to extend the shower pipe to install
the new shower base. I calculated the length needed and got a
coupling. This is all pvc by the way. I got some pvc cement. I
just realized i purchased and used cpvc cement (orange) I hope this is
not a problem.

When I was installing the coupling on the original pipe, it did not
get fully seated and the ridge in the middle of the coupling is about
3/8" or so from the top of the old pipe. now the cement is set and it
is on for good. Is this a problem or is it fine as it is.....help
emergency!!!

I seriously doubt it will ever leak.

BTW, if you are setting a plastic/fiberglass base,
make sure it is well-supported underneath so that
there will never be any force exerted on the drain
fitting or on the new pipe.

Jim