DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pedestal sink installation - faucet stopped working (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192557-pedestal-sink-installation-faucet-stopped-working.html)

jimb February 17th 07 07:21 PM

pedestal sink installation - faucet stopped working

My girlfriend's pedestal sink was installed improperly.. the previous
tenants hadn't bolted it to the wall at all. Today we decided to try
to fix this. All went well until I tried to turn on the water again
after the fix. It didnt run. The best way to show what I have tried so
far is by the diagrams on this drawing I did:

http://angryjim.com/storage/sinkproblem.jpg

Can anyone see where I may have screwed anything up???

Speedy Jim February 17th 07 07:51 PM

jimb wrote:

My girlfriend's pedestal sink was installed improperly.. the previous
tenants hadn't bolted it to the wall at all. Today we decided to try
to fix this. All went well until I tried to turn on the water again
after the fix. It didnt run. The best way to show what I have tried so
far is by the diagrams on this drawing I did:

http://angryjim.com/storage/sinkproblem.jpg

Can anyone see where I may have screwed anything up???

HaHa! Great graphics!

Is there an aerator screen in the spout?
Unscrew that and see if it's clogged.

Beyond that, there must be a check valve
or spool in the main casting. I would be tempted
to whack it (gently) to try and shake it loose.

Or, get the mfr name/model and go to their web site
for any possible info.

Jim

BobK207 February 17th 07 10:25 PM

On Feb 17, 11:21 am, "jimb" wrote:
My girlfriend's pedestal sink was installed improperly.. the previous
tenants hadn't bolted it to the wall at all. Today we decided to try
to fix this. All went well until I tried to turn on the water again
after the fix. It didnt run. The best way to show what I have tried so
far is by the diagrams on this drawing I did:

http://angryjim.com/storage/sinkproblem.jpg

Can anyone see where I may have screwed anything up???

Awesome sketches!

Based on the "evidence".....I'd check for a clogged aerator screen

Let us know how it works out.

cheers
Bob