DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Changing a rim lock into a ??? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/192416-changing-rim-lock-into.html)

moll February 16th 07 03:44 AM

Changing a rim lock into a ???

I have some 100+ rim locks that lost their catch piece. I cleaned them
and they seem to work fine. Now the problem is how to make them bolt.
The doors also have been put back into place in such a way that the
catch wouldn't work anyway. The bolt lands on the jam of the doorway,
so maybe i need to get the parts that belong to a regular mortise lock
now?

buffalobill February 16th 07 04:57 AM

Changing a rim lock into a ???

On Feb 15, 10:44 pm, "moll" wrote:
I have some 100+ rim locks that lost their catch piece. I cleaned them
and they seem to work fine. Now the problem is how to make them bolt.
The doors also have been put back into place in such a way that the
catch wouldn't work anyway. The bolt lands on the jam of the doorway,
so maybe i need to get the parts that belong to a regular mortise lock
now?

see lots of choices when you browse the online catalog at:
www.hdsupply.com