Posted to alt.home.repair

Default corner sink question

Hi all.

I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

I am considering this setup, since it looks quite attractive in my
particular situation, but am afraid that it may turn out to be totally
not maintainable...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Arkadiy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arkadiy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.

I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

I am considering this setup, since it looks quite attractive in my
particular situation, but am afraid that it may turn out to be totally
not maintainable...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Arkadiy

Try crawling under one at a showroom.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arkadiy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.

I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

I had that in our last house. It was a not much different than a regular
sink door. It fit our kitchen well and was worthwhile, IMO.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Arkadiy wrote:
Hi all.

I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

I am considering this setup, since it looks quite attractive in my
particular situation, but am afraid that it may turn out to be totally
not maintainable...

Thanks in advance for any input.

Arkadiy

Just a matter of personal opinion. I had a corner sink
one time and really didn't care for it. I felt kind of
cramped standing in front of it. I realize it may work
for you, but thought you should know that not everybody
cares for them.

Bill Gill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 3:03 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Arkadiy" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all.

I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

I had that in our last house. It was a not much different than a regular
sink door. It fit our kitchen well and was worthwhile, IMO.

Just to clarify: it was a _single_ 17 in door, right?

I just want to make sure we have the same cabinet in mind: it goes
about 1 foot on the each side of the angle, and the door is installed
on the diagonal, which makes a single 17in door.

Thanks,
Arkadiy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Arkadiy" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Hi all.
|
| I think it is more or less common practice to use a corner sink
| cabinet with the dimensions of about 36 x 36 in. The door in such
| cabinet should be about 17 in wide.

16 1/2 in. door to be exact
for a 36 in. corner cabinet
of course that depends on whether or not it is a framed or frameless
style cabinet.
full overlay doors or partial overlay doors.
clip on hinges work best for this type of cabinet so the plumber can
remove the door entirely to get full access in there.

| The question: is it possible at all to access pipes in such a
| cabinet? Especially if a waste disposer is installed?

yes everything is accessible.