DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sears Tractor in Winter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/191910-sears-tractor-winter.html)

Stan February 10th 07 07:45 PM

Sears Tractor in Winter

This is the second year I have my Sears riding mower. It is kept in an
attached garage. Last winter I started it every three or four weeks
and it ran fine. This winter I planned on doing the same thing, but it
just ran out of gas. So, should I put new gas in it, or keep it dry
until the cutting season?

[email protected] February 10th 07 07:58 PM

Sears Tractor in Winter

On Feb 10, 3:45 pm, Stan wrote:
This is the second year I have my Sears riding mower. It is kept in an
attached garage. Last winter I started it every three or four weeks
and it ran fine. This winter I planned on doing the same thing, but it
just ran out of gas. So, should I put new gas in it, or keep it dry
until the cutting seasoStan

I would leave it dry and drain the bowl on the carb as well. Barring
that, add some gas stabiliser when you put it away every year to
stabilise the gas. Otherwise it will leave a varnish residue in the
carb and may gum up the jets in the carb.

Mark