Posted to alt.home.repair

Default clean stray in spray foam

I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Balderdash wrote:
I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

It's a single use product, so forget using multible times. What you
have left over does look real when sprayed out in a swirl pile and
staimed dark brown though!!

Tom J
who put one on thje neighbor's porch and heard the scream

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Feb 2007 13:55:12 -0800, "Balderdash"
wrote:

I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

imho:

I was told for polyurethane expanding foam, and this was re-affirmed
after reading fire blocking foam can, that you leave the straw alone
filled with foam. When you want to use the can again, you snip off an
inch of the straw and then start again. It seems the tip will harden
and protect the rest of the straws contents. Check the the can out,
it might have a different set of instructions.

tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

What I have done is put a steel coat hanger into the straw. When you're
ready for reuse, pull the steel out, the foam will dry around it, and you're
good to go!

Although, I do like the spray in a swirl and stain it brown option!

"Balderdash" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

Now you know why they come in regular size and tiny little 12-oz
cans...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 9, 1:55 pm, "Balderdash" wrote:
I have had several spray foam cans and I've noticed that after they
are used once and not emptied, the straw in the spray foam can
obviously gets full of spray foam. How do you clean it properly to
have no spray foam in it after use ? I tried tilting the can upside
down to blow air into the straw but that didn't work. Is there a
recommended way to clean that straw ? I checked the can and NOTHING
was provided for that.
Thanks.

I've used the same stuff, as well as the larger canisters sold by
tigerfoam.com. To keep the gun clean on the larger system, it is
recommended to put petroleum jelly on the place where the tube (or
tip) goes, and then it will both seal tight and also come off when the
job is done. But, I found that even with the big pressure canisters,
it's really best to set yourself up for a one time application, and
then junk the empty canister. Incidentally, when the yellow foam
turns brown, that's because UV light is breaking it down. The yellow
color is ideal, and should be painted or otherwise covered from
exposure to sunlight.

Costs for spray foam Section 31 Home Repair 7 August 24th 06 04:46 PM
Spray foam Insulation Chas12 Home Repair 7 December 15th 05 05:57 AM
spray foam insulation colors? [email protected] Home Repair 2 August 10th 05 12:51 AM
insulation spray foam FH Home Repair 19 April 30th 05 03:08 AM
Spray on foam Bob Smith \(UK\) UK diy 19 October 16th 04 12:01 AM