DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Treating hardwood floors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/191578-treating-hardwood-floors.html)

Eigenvector February 7th 07 02:02 AM

Treating hardwood floors

Having read about 30 sites on how to care for hardwood floors I'm getting
the distinct impression that you don't treat them any differently than you
would a cabinet, table, or other piece of hardwood furniture. So slathering
it with wax or oils won't do anything to repair a bad finish - that hours of
sanding, prepping, and sealing will. In short, it sounds like restoring
banged up hardwood floors really sucks - especially when the sealant is
half-gone.

lp13-30 February 7th 07 04:40 AM

Treating hardwood floors

I have seen commercials on TV with that guy Billy Mays who advertises
all kinds of junk-- yelling at the top of his lungs-- pitching some kind
of floor finish restorer. He takes a sander and scuffs up a floor and
then mops this stuff on, and of course afterwards you can't see where he
sanded. It is called "Orange Glow", or orange something. Probably
worthless. If you haven't seen the ad and done so already, I'll make a
note of the exact name and you can do an internet search on it.