Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Jon is offline

Default Laminate Flooring - Vapor barrier

I have a split entry house. In the basement there is a room about 11 x 11
that I am goign to lay laminate down on. Right now there is just the cement.

My question is do I need foam with vapour barrier, or just foam to lay the
floor on?

There has never been any moisture down there since I have lived in the house
(1.5yrs).
The only real reason I ask is that on a recent edition of Holmes on Homes
(for all the canadian readers out there) he laid floor in a basement without
vapour barrier because he said that barrier, in essence, could cause
condensation itself...

Comments?

Vapor barrier? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 21st 06 04:56 PM
vapor barrier question with kraft faced batts and radiant barrier foil [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 4th 05 04:39 PM
Vapor Barrier Sasha Home Repair 1 July 20th 05 06:43 PM
Laminate flooring - vapour barrier underlay really necessary? Nick Atty UK diy 4 May 24th 05 10:33 AM
vapor barrier effi Home Repair 4 September 24th 04 08:32 PM