Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric motor/circuit question

We have a treadmill so that we can exercise during the cold months in
the Northeast (current temperature is 13 degrees). The motor in the
treadmill failed and was replaced under warrantee.

The manufacturer recommends a dedicated 15 amp circuit for the
treadmill. We have it on a circuit with our TV and stereo. The
technician who replaced the motor said that it may have failed because
we didn't have a dedicated circuit. Might this be true?

I would have guessed that if the circuit was overladed the breaker would
blow.

Thanks for your comments.

BC