DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   KitchenAid Dishwasher Intermittent Soap Dispenser? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/190976-kitchenaid-dishwasher-intermittent-soap-dispenser.html)

[email protected] January 31st 07 06:40 PM

KitchenAid Dishwasher Intermittent Soap Dispenser?

Hi, All,

I own a 16 year old KitchenAid dishwasher, model number KUDI220T.

Recently the detergent dispenser fails to open most of the time. (It
works about one time out of ten now.)

I suspect that the bimetal actuator for the dispenser needs to be
replaced.

I detached the bimetal actuator from the dispenser unit (let it hang
on the connecting wires) and watched it during a wash cycle... It is
energized during the second half of the "Light-China" portion of the
wash cycle.

The bimetal does flex as I think it should when energized, but
apparently not enough to release the detergent door.

Does it sound like replacing the bimetal ($22) would solve this
problem, or might there be some other cause, like not enough actuating
current?

Thanks for any advice!

Ken