DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TV (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/190780-tv.html)

KTECH January 29th 07 08:59 PM

TV

I have a 32" Phillips TV with a pic tube starting to show age(about 6yrs) don't want to replace or upgrade to hd yet Is it worth replacing CRT?
ktech

January 29th 07 11:48 PM

TV

"Ktech" wrote in message
I have a 32" Phillips TV with a pic tube starting to show age(about 6yrs)
don't want to replace or upgrade to hd yet Is it worth replacing CRT?
ktech
Unlikely you can even get the tube to do it, at this point, and certainly
not cost effective. It costs fifty bucks just to put the thing on the tech's
bench.

aem sends...

Big Al January 30th 07 04:57 AM

TV

"Ktech" wrote in message
I have a 32" Phillips TV with a pic tube starting to show age(about 6yrs)
don't want to replace or upgrade to hd yet Is it worth replacing CRT?
ktech

No. The tube will cost more than a new TV. Plus, it has to be installed and
set up.

Al

mm January 30th 07 06:08 AM

TV

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:59:44 -0600, "Ktech" wrote:

I have a 32" Phillips TV with a pic tube starting to show age(about 6yrs) don't want to replace or upgrade to hd yet Is it worth replacing CRT?
ktech

Why do you think it is the picture tube?

It's very rare that one would be dying at only 6 years. Usually a bad
picture is caused by something else.