DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Is there a way to fix chips in a fiberglass tub? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/190752-there-way-fix-chips-fiberglass-tub.html)

jtpr January 29th 07 03:16 PM

Is there a way to fix chips in a fiberglass tub?

We'll be selling our house soon and I'm going around doing all the
cosmetic stuff to make it look good. Many years ago the tub in the
master bath chipped in a couple of places. There are no leaks, but it
doesn't look very nice. The chips are relatively small, maybe 1/4" in
diameter. Is there something I could use to fix them?

-Jim

RayV January 29th 07 03:24 PM

On Jan 29, 10:16 am, "jtpr" wrote:
We'll be selling our house soon and I'm going around doing all the
cosmetic stuff to make it look good. Many years ago the tub in the
master bath chipped in a couple of places. There are no leaks, but it
doesn't look very nice. The chips are relatively small, maybe 1/4" in
diameter. Is there something I could use to fix them?

-Jim

Try he
http://tinyurl.com/yp96hm

RayV January 29th 07 03:26 PM

On Jan 29, 10:16 am, "jtpr" wrote:
We'll be selling our house soon and I'm going around doing all the
cosmetic stuff to make it look good. Many years ago the tub in the
master bath chipped in a couple of places. There are no leaks, but it
doesn't look very nice. The chips are relatively small, maybe 1/4" in
diameter. Is there something I could use to fix them?

-Jim

or he
http://tinyurl.com/24czvd

Karl S January 29th 07 03:58 PM

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-bondo-...i-1382311.html

Jack January 29th 07 05:04 PM

Is there a way to fix chips in a fiberglass tub?

You could fix it with a filler like Bondo but color matching would not be
easy. Or you could use the two part epoxy paint for the entire tub but the
result won't look "factory".