DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clicking in Home electrical system? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/190588-clicking-home-electrical-system.html)

Dan January 27th 07 07:00 PM

Clicking in Home electrical system?

folks --

My problem manifests itself simply. In what would become my new
study, I found that any AV device ( radio or Television ) will emit
a clicking sound while turned on and plugged in. The TV shows a
"blip" as if the power was disrupted briefly.

None of the other rooms in the house show this problem. X10 modules
in that part of the house became nonfunctional soon after install,
new ones soon joined them. All X10s have since been removed. The
breaker for that part of the house is off right now. My computers
seemed un affected by any of this.

What I am looking for is - Is there any way to detect shorts or blips
in existing wiring?

James January 28th 07 02:04 AM

Clicking in Home electrical system?

Have you tried to replace the breaker itself ? Maybe substitute it out with
another one, of the same rating??

--James--