Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Info please

I'm currently enrolled in school right now but really don't have
instructers that really have field experience lol i know sounds like a
joke huh? Anyways for the last 2 summers my dads air-conditioner runs
constantly and i have went in the attic and noticed it is leaking air
but i can't pinpoint all of them though. What would be my best and
easiest way to fix this? Tape the crap out of it just to see if it
helps or just replace the ducts all together? If i do go and replace it
what would you suggest be the best material or name brand? It's a 3
bedroom two bath one story house if i did go by the materials how much
would something like this cost me by doing it myself? Any pointers
would be helpful too just trying to get some hands on experience and
put this bookwork to use but we have'nt covered running ducts in detail
really so i feel pretty dumb asking with me graduating tommorow from a
9 month course lol which i feel was barely enough especially with what
little hands on experience i get which is very slim to none and it
sucks cause i want to get my hands dirty and learn by trying some of
this stuff on my own but i don't want to mess it up so if you could as
dumb as it sounds can i get some pointers please?
Sincerely Ricky

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd start with the tape, unless the ducting is visibly damaged. Tape is
cheap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HVAC&R newbie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm currently enrolled in school right now but really don't have
instructers that really have field experience lol i know sounds like a
joke huh? Anyways for the last 2 summers my dads air-conditioner runs
constantly and i have went in the attic and noticed it is leaking air
but i can't pinpoint all of them though. What would be my best and
easiest way to fix this?

You should probably post this on alt.hvac for the best response.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Like Ed says, you really ought to post this on alt.hvac; they
would give you a lot of answers.

The nice thing about duct tape, you can get it at most hardware
stores. If the ducts are metal, I'd look for foil tape, for
plastic flex ducts, the cloth tape. Just my preference.

Might be some other problems with the unit. Did you get to use
gages (blue, yellow, and red hoses) in your course? How about
infared thermometer? I'm thinking there are at least a few things
you should be checking.

You sign your name Ricky, but your email is "lol gretchen". Is
Gretchen your girlfriend?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well actually my name is ricky and gretchen is actually my dog lol.
anyways thanks for the help and i took your advice and posted it and
joined to the hvac group as well and thank you

On Jan 26, 6:05 am, "Stormin Mormon" cayoung61-
wrote:
Like Ed says, you really ought to post this on alt.hvac; they
would give you a lot of answers.

The nice thing about duct tape, you can get it at most hardware
stores. If the ducts are metal, I'd look for foil tape, for
plastic flex ducts, the cloth tape. Just my preference.

Might be some other problems with the unit. Did you get to use
gages (blue, yellow, and red hoses) in your course? How about
infared thermometer? I'm thinking there are at least a few things
you should be checking.

You sign your name Ricky, but your email is "lol gretchen". Is
Gretchen your girlfriend?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.
You have to starve them.
.

"HVAC&R newbie" wrote in ooglegroups.com... I'm currently enrolled in school right now but really don't

Info: maxman Home Repair 1 August 15th 06 06:51 PM
Looking for some info! Rono Electronics Repair 0 July 12th 05 03:50 AM
Looking for info! Rono Electronics Repair 0 July 7th 05 11:48 PM
WTD Info on Tapmatic 700X and info on Tapmatics Marty Escarcega Metalworking 3 June 8th 04 04:00 AM
INFO louis alleva Metalworking 3 November 6th 03 10:41 AM