DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Swimming pool filter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/190048-swimming-pool-filter.html)

[email protected] January 22nd 07 11:18 PM

Swimming pool filter

Our DE pool filter is failing, and we are looking to replace it with a
sand filter before this spring. Local Phoenix pool dealer is claiming
that Hayward Sand filters (S244S, S244T) develop cracks in their cases
after a few years. He is recommending a Pentair Triton II claiming the
Triton does not have this issue. Has anybody heard of this, especially
in hot weather environments?

Any comments, experiences, or recommendations would be grately
appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan Espen January 23rd 07 12:13 AM

Swimming pool filter

writes:

Our DE pool filter is failing, and we are looking to replace it with a
sand filter before this spring. Local Phoenix pool dealer is claiming
that Hayward Sand filters (S244S, S244T) develop cracks in their cases
after a few years. He is recommending a Pentair Triton II claiming the
Triton does not have this issue. Has anybody heard of this, especially
in hot weather environments?

Our S166T is 16 years old.
We are in NJ.
It's been picked up and emptied, rolled around with sand in it,
all kinds of abuse.
No cracks or signs of weakness.