DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ? on all-purpose industrial adhesive... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/189824-all-purpose-industrial-adhesive.html)

Dave January 21st 07 12:44 AM

? on all-purpose industrial adhesive...

Anyone know if Loctite PowerGrab adhesive will damage plastic, or even stick
to it? And it says it is repositionable for the first 15 minutes-does that
mean you have to hold the item being glued if it is on a verticle surface?

Thanks,

Dave

# Fred # January 21st 07 02:22 AM

? on all-purpose industrial adhesive...

And it says it is repositionable for the first 15 minutes-does that
mean you have to hold the item being glued if it is on a verticle surface?

No, it will stick in place on a vertical surfaces assuming the piece is not
too heavy. With that said, I did shoot some brads in just to make sure it
stays in place. Oh, I was working with wood not concrete blocks.

Dave January 21st 07 02:38 AM

? on all-purpose industrial adhesive...

"# Fred #" wrote in message
. ..
And it says it is repositionable for the first 15 minutes-does that
mean you have to hold the item being glued if it is on a verticle
surface?

No, it will stick in place on a vertical surfaces assuming the piece is
not too heavy. With that said, I did shoot some brads in just to make sure
it stays in place. Oh, I was working with wood not concrete blocks.

Great, thanks for the speedy response. I'm only working with a 1 oz. piece
of hardware, so that shouldn't be a problem. Still wondering if it will
stick to or damage plastic... Guess I'll have to test it on a piece of
plastic. :)

Much appreciated...

Dave

Jim Yanik January 21st 07 06:39 PM

? on all-purpose industrial adhesive...

"Dave" wrote in
:

Anyone know if Loctite PowerGrab adhesive will damage plastic, or even
stick to it? And it says it is repositionable for the first 15
minutes-does that mean you have to hold the item being glued if it is
on a verticle surface?

Thanks,

Dave

I've used Liquid Nails construction adhesive on plastics and it sticks.
Better than other commonly available glues.
It does have a solvent that can damage some plastics.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik