Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody seen a fine chain link material

I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few square
yds.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few square
yds.

Don't have a specific product or manufacturer, but DAGS under "metal
fabric" and variations which returned quite a number of possibilities,
both architectural and industrial. Didn't look, but one place to find
a wide variety of materials available that may be hard to get from
distributors is McMaster-Carr.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:57:16 -0800, "AKA gray asphalt"
wrote:

I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few square
yds.

Chain-link fence is really woven wire. Is that what you're
after, or are you looking for a square of chainmail?

If the latter, try www.whitinganddavis.com.
In fact, try them anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a
large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few
square
yds.

Chain-link fence is really woven wire. Is that what you're
after, or are you looking for a square of chainmail?

If the latter, try www.whitinganddavis.com.
In fact, try them anyway.

Thanks for the search term, "chainmail". I think I'm on the right track now.
: -)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
ps.com...

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a
large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few
square
yds.

Don't have a specific product or manufacturer, but DAGS under "metal
fabric" and variations which returned quite a number of possibilities,
both architectural and industrial. Didn't look, but one place to find
a wide variety of materials available that may be hard to get from
distributors is McMaster-Carr.

What is DAGS? I'll try metal fabric along with chainmail.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If you want a true spiraled-wire chainlink material, check out the
Cascade Coil Drapery Co. in Portland OR (they have a website). They
make various sizes & metals (& plastics) of what I'd call rounded
chainlink. I have then flattened some small pieces of it (to make it
more like chainlink) using a vise.

CC

Posted to alt.home.repair

"grg2006" wrote in message
"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in
:

"dpb" wrote in message
ps.com...

AKA gray asphalt wrote:
I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a
large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few
square
yds.

Don't have a specific product or manufacturer, but DAGS under "metal
fabric" and variations which returned quite a number of possibilities,
both architectural and industrial. Didn't look, but one place to find
a wide variety of materials available that may be hard to get from
distributors is McMaster-Carr.

What is DAGS? I'll try metal fabric along with chainmail.

Do a Google Search ?

Didn't come up on the first 40 hits. Later

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AKA gray asphalt" writes:
I'm trying to find a batch of fine chainlink material like a chain link
fence but much much smaller ... like maybe10-20 links per inch, like a large
jewelry chain type link. I'm not sure that makes sense. I need a few square
yds.

What you are looking for is called "screen" as in screen door or
screen window. You can buy it buy the roll in the big box store