DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spacegard/Aprilaire vs GeneralAire filter media (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/189223-spacegard-aprilaire-vs-generalaire-filter-media.html)

Mike Hartigan January 15th 07 02:18 PM

Spacegard/Aprilaire vs GeneralAire filter media

I've got a Spacegard 2200 air filter. This is now sold as an
Aprilaire 210, or, at least, it uses the same replacement media. I
generally pay $20-$25 for OEM replacement media. I have the
opportunity to buy a six-pack of replacement media for $108 ($18
each), but it's under the GeneralAire brand. Now, I'm generally an
OEM kind of guy, but I'll allow that there are aftermarket
replacement parts for all sorts of things that can be as good as or
even better than OEM, often for less money. There's also a fair
amount of crap; hence my question. I can't find any comparative
information on GeneralAire media. Granted, I'm not saving a ton of
money on these, but if they are, indeed, as good as, better than, or
even close enough to the OEM media, why not? (I'm generally a
capitalist kind of guy, and this is exactly the sort of thing that
makes Capitalism work). Does anybody have any experience with
GeneralAire filter media? Am I likely to be pleased with these or
will I rue the day I placed my order? If the responses are a
resounding "I don't know", then I'll stick with OEM.

Thanks,
Mike