DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another Water Filter Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/189050-another-water-filter-question.html)

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis January 13th 07 11:58 PM

Another Water Filter Question

Last week I asked for help identifying my house water filter.

It's a Honeywell-Braukmann F76 with 100 micrometer cartridge. The
manufacturer web site says it never needs replacing as long as it is
backwashed periodically.

OK, dumb question: I assume this means take out the cartridge and rinse it
off. Correct?

How often? My house has 3 full baths.

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis January 14th 07 12:18 AM

"Dimitrios Paskoudniakis" wrote in message
Last week I asked for help identifying my house water filter.

It's a Honeywell-Braukmann F76 with 100 micrometer cartridge. The
manufacturer web site says it never needs replacing as long as it is
backwashed periodically.

OK, dumb question: I assume this means take out the cartridge and rinse it
off. Correct?

How often? My house has 3 full baths.

Never mind. It was a dumb question. I just need to open the valve at the
bottom and force water out for a few seconds. I don't need to remove the
filter cartridge.

Dimitrios Paskoudniakis January 14th 07 01:54 AM

"Abe" wrote in message
It's a Honeywell-Braukmann F76 with 100 micrometer cartridge. The
manufacturer web site says it never needs replacing as long as it is
backwashed periodically.

Where did you find out the brand and model?

There's a pressure gauge on top. I didn't think to look at it because I
thought the gauge was a separate device, but it was identified there at the
gauge. I then looked on line and confirmed at Honeywell.