Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag MAV6000 Very noisy when spinning

Hi,
I have a 6.5 years old Maytag Atlantis Washer (MAV6000). Just a few
weeks ago the washer started making lots of noise during spinning cycle
on colours or whites (OK on delicates).
I found some info on the net that suggested replacing Trust Bearings &
Drive Belt. I bought the parts and replaced them, but it did not fix my
problem (though both parts were very worn, so replacing them may not
have been a bad idea).
I also bought the Service Manual for this washer, so I am learning more
about it.
It seesms to me that the noise is generated by the outer tab hitting
the metal enclousure (not 100% sure). Would this suggest that the
problem has to do with susspension ? The six springs are not tight
enough ?
I have taken the top & front pannels out, and noticed "white powder"
right at the bottom of the washer, on the suspension housing. Is it
normal ? Perhaps some parts got worned out ?
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
Cheers.
Hubert

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Wasn't long ago I got sidetracked looking for all the odd stuff you've
looked at. Turned out to be a drywall screw caught in one of the holes in
the basket.

Happy modeming,
Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair

One of the most common problems with noise in an MAV washer is
something in the pump. It makes a screeching noise when in spin. Just
change the pump. Unplug the washer. Take off the front. Remove the
belt from underneath. Remove the pump's hoses and 3 3/8" bolts.
Replace with new pump. Finish by putting on belt, plug in and test.

Important: remove the finned insert from the old pump and put into the
new pump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

vincom had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...ng-183814-.htm
:

I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER MAV9750,
it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would
make, jet engine kind of noise, i did replace the bearing and made a web
site with pictures on how to do it, since it almost takes all the parts
out, it will show you how to get to most of the parts in the machine, and
i also included links for downloading the repair manual, and parts at
appliance parts pros web site
-------------------------------------

&
Drive Belt. I bought the parts and replaced them, but it did not fix my
problem (though both parts were very worn, so replacing them may not
have been a bad idea).
I also bought the Service Manual for this washer, so I am learning more
about it.
It seesms to me that the noise is generated by the outer tab hitting
the metal enclousure (not 100% sure). Would this suggest that the
problem has to do with susspension ? The six springs are not tight
enough ?
I have taken the top & front pannels out, and noticed "white
powder"
right at the bottom of the washer, on the suspension housing. Is it
normal ? Perhaps some parts got worned out ?
Any help/ideas will be appreciated.
Cheers.
Hubert

Delivered via
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

vincom had written this in response to
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/...ng-184544-.htm
:

forgot to add the link to the site on repairing the bearing
http://maytagwasherrepair.googlepages.com/index.html
-------------------------------------
wrote:

One of the most common problems with noise in an MAV washer is
something in the pump. It makes a screeching noise when in spin. Just
change the pump. Unplug the washer. Take off the front. Remove the
belt from underneath. Remove the pump's hoses and 3 3/8" bolts.
Replace with new pump. Finish by putting on belt, plug in and test.

Important: remove the finned insert from the old pump and put into the
new pump.

Delivered via
http://www.www.thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

"vincom" wrote

I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER MAV9750,
it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would
make, jet engine kind of noise,

I had one like that. It would bounce and gyrate all over the place. We
were honeymooners at the time. One day, we tried the Big Nasty with her
sitting on the machine. Holy Cow! It was incredible, and the noise of the
machine muffled her screams. We enjoyed it for nearly two years, then one
day, it blew the motor mounts and a couple of other things. Guess it had
its own orgasm. If you have a machine like these, at least try it before
you fix it.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 3, 7:04*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"vincom" wrote

I HAD TO REPLACE THE SPIN BEARING ON MY MAYTAG ATLANTIS WASHER *MAV9750,
it was making a loud noise during sin cycle, like a bad bearing would
make, jet engine kind of noise,

I had one like that. *It would bounce and gyrate all over the place. *We
were honeymooners at the time. *One day, we tried the Big Nasty with her
sitting on the machine. *Holy Cow! *It was incredible, and the noise of the
machine muffled her screams. *We enjoyed it for nearly two years, then one
day, it blew the motor mounts and a couple of other things. *Guess it had
its own orgasm. *If you have a machine like these, at least try it before
you fix it.

Steve

this is my experience repairing the maytag washer Atlantis mav series
9750 aww, I had to replace the spin bearing since it was making a jet
engine noise when it was spinning out the water. its not an easy job
for my 1st time taking this machine apart, you literally take it all
apart to get to this bearing, but now I can show how to do it with
pictures making it easier for you to do it. even if you have to
replace something other than the spin bearing, this how to tutorial
will show you how to get to most of the parts in this machine
http://maytagwasherrepair.googlepages.com/index.html