Posted to alt.home.repair
Doc Doc is offline

Default Difference in stucco materials...

A year or so ago I bought materials at Home Depot to re-stucco a
section that I planned to fix due to insect damage. However, didn't get
around to it for a while.

At the time, they had two kinds of stucco - one specified as
"base/brown coat" and another as "finish coat" both from Quikrete.

I wanted to do another small section on a different wall that was
experiencing some cracking but discovered they now only have 1 kind of
stucco, Sakrete brand, that indicates it's for both base and finish
coats. When mixed, it has a somewhat grainer texture than the Quikrete
base coat material but seems to go on about the same. On the second,
smaller area I'm using it for both scratch and brown coats. I'm waiting
for the brown coats on both areas to cure, haven't applied any of the
Quikrete "finish" material yet.

Curious if anyone is familiar with what the difference is between the
Quikrete "base coat" material and the Sakrete one-for-both material?

Thanks

Building materials Tom UK diy 7 August 24th 06 09:45 PM
Building Materials [email protected] Home Repair 9 May 2nd 06 05:04 PM
Deck Materials? PaPaPeng Home Repair 4 May 17th 05 04:47 PM
composite materials myren, lord Metalworking 4 March 3rd 05 04:59 PM
CANT GET MATERIALS W/O CASH masatosan Metalworking 0 February 15th 05 01:44 AM