Posted to alt.home.repair

Default can my door be fixed or should it be replaced?

door coming apart at seams, 9 pane glass. can this be repaired? also it is
splitting apart about mid way on left panel. brand new door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

cindybruce wrote:
door coming apart at seams, 9 pane glass. can this be repaired? also
it is splitting apart about mid way on left panel. brand new door.

Anything can be fixed.

How handy are you? If you can do it yourself and you don't charge for
your time, it might be worthwhile to do it yourself. Sort of depends on
exactly how bad it is. If it is a really special door or of historical
value it may be worth having a professional do it. My guess is you would be
better off buying a new door.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

door coming apart at seams, 9 pane glass. can this be repaired? also
it is splitting apart about mid way on left panel. brand new door.

If it's coming apart at the seams it can be reguled and clamped and
left to dry overnight. I've done that lots of times. Usually I do
this while refurbishing a door and after I have removed all the paint.
It's the splitting apart that I'm not sure about. I'd need pictures to
get a better idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

cindybruce wrote:
door coming apart at seams, 9 pane glass. can this be repaired? also it is
splitting apart about mid way on left panel. brand new door.

If this is a new door I would contact the store or manufacturer.

In my experiance a door can be abused for a while before it actually
starts to fall apart.

If a wood panel is splitting was it properly sealed (paint or varnish) ?