Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HVAC

In the process of buying a new home. 2500 square feet, 2 stories,
forced air (gas). Contractor wants to charge $4,000 for a 2 zone
heating/ac system. Does this sound about right or should I get it done
after construction is finished.

Posted to alt.home.repair

updaline wrote:
In the process of buying a new home. 2500 square feet, 2 stories,
forced air (gas). Contractor wants to charge $4,000 for a 2 zone
heating/ac system. Does this sound about right or should I get it done
after construction is finished.

Hi,
Not enough info. What components were quoted? Does it include
installation? Is it firm price? Is he just adding cooling onto
existing furnace? What model and specs.? Your location?, etc., etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"updaline" wrote in message
ups.com...
In the process of buying a new home. 2500 square feet, 2 stories,
forced air (gas). Contractor wants to charge $4,000 for a 2 zone
heating/ac system. Does this sound about right or should I get it done
after construction is finished.

It may cost more or even be impossible to zone after construction. If you
don't think it is a good deal, get a heating contractor now to give you some
ideas of what can be done, as well as get some details of what your builder
is proposing.

None of us can see your layout so none of us can be very accurate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

updaline wrote:
In the process of buying a new home. 2500 square feet, 2 stories,
forced air (gas). Contractor wants to charge $4,000 for a 2 zone
heating/ac system. Does this sound about right or should I get it done
after construction is finished.

Additional information: It is a firm price. Includes installation.
Home found in PA. Contractor will plug ac into the zone system.

HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac Larry F Home Repair 20 December 30th 05 04:40 AM
HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac m Ransley Home Repair 0 December 28th 05 03:35 PM
please post your HVAC questions to alt.hvac hawaiian Home Repair 4 December 9th 05 06:20 AM
HVAC Frank Thompson Home Repair 1 May 24th 05 12:36 PM
HVAC ? Ryan Ashline Home Repair 1 August 18th 04 03:22 PM