Posted to alt.home.repair

Default finishing basement aluminum vs. wood

I am looking at finishing my basement and wanted to know, in order to
do the studding and the bulkheads, is it better to use wood or
aluminum. The contractor that I spoke to uses aluminum and he prefers
it because its easier to use. I wanted to know is wood better for
this purpose and if so why ? Cost as well ?
Much thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Metal is fast, easy, and cheap, but the stuff has little integrity, so the
installation is sometimes flimsy. The electrical outlets and switches
hanging off flimsy metal studs can easily push back into the walls, and
depending upon how they are secured, can sometimes fall off into the walls

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking at finishing my basement and wanted to know, in order to
do the studding and the bulkheads, is it better to use wood or
aluminum. The contractor that I spoke to uses aluminum and he prefers
it because its easier to use. I wanted to know is wood better for
this purpose and if so why ? Cost as well ?
Much thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I am looking at finishing my basement and wanted to know, in order to
do the studding and the bulkheads, is it better to use wood or
aluminum. The contractor that I spoke to uses aluminum and he prefers
it because its easier to use. I wanted to know is wood better for
this purpose and if so why ? Cost as well ?

Unless you have dampness and/or termites, wood is better.