Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Well water storeage tank

No, you understand it right. The switch can be anywhere in the system
as long as it is plumbed into the common pipe feeding the tank. Static
pressure in a closed hydraulic system is identacle throughout.

Of course the _best_ place for it is next to tant as that puts the
things needing maintenacne in the same place.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Jan 2007 10:57:36 -0800, Harry K wrote:

No, you understand it right. The switch can be anywhere in the system
as long as it is plumbed into the common pipe feeding the tank. Static
pressure in a closed hydraulic system is identacle throughout.

Of course the _best_ place for it is next to tant as that puts the
things needing maintenacne in the same place.

Thanks. I agree about the best location and reasoning behind it. Mine is
currently set up that way, along with the whole house filter, in the
wellhouse. I made it easier to change the switch by putting power cords
(correct gauge wire, of course) on it, a male plug on the wire going into the
well and an outlet on the wall. Now I can sit at my workbench, with the
switch held in my vice, and take care of all the connections in comfort (and
with better lighting) instead of sitting there by the wellhead - just gotta
screw it onto the nipple and plug it up when done.

I thought that maybe I didn't understand something correctly when it was
suggested that if the OP put a pressure tank in the basement, the switch
would have to be moved there too. I could see no problem with just adding a
tank in the basement and leaving the switch where it is. What the OP will do
about the defective tank underground I have no idea - I think I'd follow the
advice of another poster and dig it up enough to bypass it altogether.

Later, Mike
(substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly)

Please send all email as text - HTML is too hard to decipher as text.